• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
You did good! You definitely made your Mom proud. :thumbsup:

I can tell by what she was more interested in that she's a real "Motorhead". Tell me I'm wrong.
Thanks Kidd....

I can only say your are RIGHT!.....My dad's red GTX which he raced had 4.88's and a crossram in 67....My mom drove that as a daily driver to Scott Air Force base where she worked and where they met originally.....She always said I hated stoplights and this car because I couldn't hold the brake hard enough and it would inch forward at a stop, lol.....My dad would just grin when she said that....his response was it was built to go....

Justin

Last edited:
Thanks Justin! for the price I paid they better look nice!! lol

I know they are not factory correct, but the logo itself is correct-looking.

1996?? damn they look good for being 20+ years old!!
No kidding right, that old....Does that tell you how much he drove it? I bought the floor mats for him as a gift....

I do like yours better though....

Very cool video Justin, your Mom did good! The car looks like it just rolled off the factory floor...in even better condition than new.

Justin- The car looks and sounds great. Great video (kudos to your mom). One question. I know your attention to detail is very particular. Looks like the negative battery cable is red in the video. Is that just lighting?- Abe

Very cool video Justin, your Mom did good! The car looks like it just rolled off the factory floor...in even better condition than new.
Mark

Thanks my friend! I really appreciate your compliments!

Justin

Justin- The car looks and sounds great. Great video (kudos to your mom). One question. I know your attention to detail is very particular. Looks like the negative battery cable is red in the video. Is that just lighting?- Abe
Abe

Good to see ya around these parts and thank you for the compliments!

Not red but orange over spray...The negative cables were attached to the block prior to painting at the assembly plant.

Justin

Abe

Good to see ya around these parts and thank you for the compliments!

Not red but orange over spray...The negative cables were attached to the block prior to painting at the assembly plant.

Justin

I knew something like that would not be an oversight. How did you find out the details of overspray in various areas, as you mentioned in the meticulous paint job on the car? Are there some factory reference books or did someone write a book/articles about what went into production?

I knew something like that would not be an oversight. How did you find out the details of overspray in various areas, as you mentioned in the meticulous paint job on the car? Are there some factory reference books or did someone write a book/articles about what went into production?
I went off what I was able to find remnants of on the car.....I always tell people it was that way once but not twice....the second go round is a recreation of what it once was....There was not much I didn't find on the X. Everything else is from research, friends, survivors, stripping many cars and past restorations.

The car itself if in decent shape will display a lot when stripped down properly...

There was something I forgot to add to the rear seat bottom....It dawned on me this past weekend. It was the square foam pad added to the center of the rear seat bottom for the trans tunnel. I picked up the off white high density foam from Hobby Lobby. I also added something else.:D

Original seat prior to disassembly
IMG_0879.JPG

Done

IMG_1475.JPG
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1477.JPG
IMG_1478.JPG
:lol:

img_1478-jpg.jpg

Nice work Justin, and your Mom did a great job on the video. :thumbsup:
Steering wheel looks great. Reminded me of the one I bought back in '88 - NOS also...paid $200, and there was a line of people ready to shell out if I didn't grab it.

View attachment 542768

Nice work Justin, and your Mom did a great job on the video. :thumbsup:
Steering wheel looks great. Reminded me of the one I bought back in '88 - NOS also...paid $200, and there was a line of people ready to shell out if I didn't grab it.
Thanks for the compliments Roger....I told her she got some compliments on the video and she was surprised and thankful...Cannot tell you how many times I had to redo a video and here comes Mom the first timer and nailed it.

You are lucky to nab that....I got mine back in the 90's for around 3 bills. They go for crazy money these days....Another reason why Gary was able to turn it around so quickly....

Justin

You should put a Playboy under there with a postage label around the same build date of the car and tell people that's exactly how you found it lol.

You should put a Playboy under there with a postage label around the same build date of the car and tell people that's exactly how you found it lol.
And a period correct empty Coke can inside the door panel....apparently that's where a few were tossed on the assembly lines. :D

Mark

Thats a cool idea. Below is the 10/68 issue...

Now I just have to find that postage label:realcrazy:

s-l640.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back