• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For the Love for my Father, My 69 GTX Restoration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Mom came in town this past weekend for the holiday. This was the first time she was able to see the car in person running and on all four wheels. So a lot of emotions ran amuck and she was in utter amazement. So amazed this is the vide she shot on her phone to show to her friends back home. Fine job she did IMHO..

Anyone notice the mirrored black paint? You can see everything in my garage, lol....

Ermey-FMJ-Feature.jpg

The steering wheels finishes off the interior & it really looks nice. Glad to be of help with telling you about Gary's. I've had him do 3 steering wheels and he really does do a fine job. Mom must have been really proud of you with the job you did on the car.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The whole car is a masterpiece, you should be very proud my friend.

The steering wheels finishes off the interior & it really looks nice. Glad to be of help with telling you about Gary's. I've had him do 3 steering wheels and he really does do a fine job. Mom must have been really proud of you with the job you did on the car.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Mark

I see why you had three done by him and recommend him. Gary did exactly what he said he would do and went above my expectations. Which are very high....

Sometimes the smallest touch makes the biggest difference. I didn't realize that until I installed it and in person it looks even better...

Mom had a lot of memories flowing while she was all oogle eyes over it. She took two videos and a bunch of pictures. She said, "this is so beautiful" "this is better than what your dad would have expected for it to turn out" then came a river of tears.....

Justin

Last edited:
The whole car is a masterpiece, you should be very proud my friend.
Tim

It is a X masterpiece indeed.......it was built with 2 key elements

1. Love
2. Passion

This is what me, you and the members here put into our cars...

WE ARE MOPAR!

Justin

Does the car have a nickname? Almost all mine had names I called them.

Black Beauty it is!
Still haven't got a name for mine, I'll need to drive it before it gets a name.
My 47 Ford pickup with 289 was Maxwell
the first 69RR, blue one, Ol Blue
2nd 69RR ralley green, Green Weenie
71 charger was, Larry (Crazy Larry & Dirty Mary)
66 cornet 440 was Crusty
85 power wagon, The Beast

Black Beauty it is!
Still haven't got a name for mine, I'll need to drive it before it gets a name.
My 47 Ford pickup with 289 was Maxwell
the first 69RR, blue one, Ol Blue
2nd 69RR ralley green, Green Weenie
71 charger was, Larry (Crazy Larry & Dirty Mary)
66 cornet 440 was Crusty
85 power wagon, The Beast
Tim

All great names...Love Crusty!

47 Ford Now that is cool..Pm me some pics of that beauty

Justin

I've been slacking lately Justin and haven't followed this thread for a bit. Anyway, I'm still in AWE at this car and what you've done. Glad your mom has been able to see it. GREAT JOB!!

I've been slacking lately Justin and haven't followed this thread for a bit. Anyway, I'm still in AWE at this car and what you've done. Glad your mom has been able to see it. GREAT JOB!!
Rod

No worries my friend...Glad to see your back and thank you for the compliments!

It is very nice she has seen the car in stages and also in person. Since she has been home I have left the car uncovered, lol...

Justin

They do make correct {script} ones....:poke:

View attachment 542054
Mario

Those look very nice! If you can believe my floor mats were bought back around 96....The only original floor mats available from the factory in 69 were the rubber full length ones. Bucket seat cars you had to cut the center out. The owner optioned for these and they were coded on the BS and were rolled up in plastic and place in the trunk when new. I would love to have a set but since my car never got them they would be incorrect too. They did not have the GTX logo. It was a standard emblem. I have a picture at home...

Justin

Well Mom came in town this past weekend for the holiday. This was the first time she was able to see the car in person running and on all four wheels. So a lot of emotions ran amuck and she was in utter amazement. So amazed this is the vide she shot on her phone to show to her friends back home. Fine job she did IMHO..

Anyone notice the mirrored black paint? You can see everything in my garage, lol....

You did good! You definitely made your Mom proud. :thumbsup:

I can tell by what she was more interested in that she's a real "Motorhead". Tell me I'm wrong.

Mario

Those look very nice! If you can believe my floor mats were bought back around 96....The only original floor mats available from the factory in 69 were the rubber full length ones. Bucket seat cars you had to cut the center out. The owner optioned for these and they were coded on the BS and were rolled up in plastic and place in the trunk when new. I would love to have a set but since my car never got them they would be incorrect too. They did not have the GTX logo. It was a standard emblem. I have a picture at home...

Justin

Thanks Justin! for the price I paid they better look nice!! lol

I know they are not factory correct, but the logo itself is correct-looking.

1996?? damn they look good for being 20+ years old!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back