• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ford bolt pattern?

69clone

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Well after i took the tires off my car to paint the drum brakes yellow, Took to much attention away from the car so i ended up painting them back to black, But anyways while the tires were off my dad pulled out brand new Hoosier slicks with Ford Lightning rims to see if i could use them at the track but the pattern was off just a tad, My dad was wondering if mustang rims might fit and just get the Hoosiers put on them, Anyone know if they might before we pull one out of the shed? or should i just buy a cheap pair of 16" rims if i plan on using these slicks?
Thanks!

~Nick
EDIT: Anyone know what bolt pattern 69' satellite has?

Small bolt Mopar is 5 on 4". Large like a B body is 5 on 4.5". Same as (what used to be) small ford

Thanks for the info.
I'll have to measure his bolt pattern.

My old M&H wrinkles were on Ford rims when I first got 'em, fresh off a 68 Mustang CJ.......I had trouble with the things.......they didn't seem to "quite" fit perfectly like a Mopar rim would.......they seemed to be off by literally microns or something.......never wanted to tighten down correctly......the bolts didn't line up perfectly......it was "right", but wasn't right....

I always wondered if it was my imagination or a bad set of rims.......??

They just weren't quite right. :confused:

Thanks I'm wondering if my dad should sell these and just look for some mopar rims with slicks i'd hate to mess something up if they're not perfect

Only difference is the hole in the center on an OEM Ford steel wheel is smaller than what's on a MoPar wheel so the Ford wheel won't fit the MoPar hub. Early Ford 1/2 ton trucks are 5.5" on 5.

Auto Transport Service
Back