• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fossilized plasti dip. Difficult to remove.

Tony Tee

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Previous owner of my black 78 dodge magnum sprayed dark grey plastic dip over 10 years ago. I tried the plasti dip remover and it works if you let it soak in for a month and pressure washing it . But it's goes at a snails pace. Anyone have any suggestions or hacks? I might try some oven cleaner next.
Thanks in advance, Tony.

WD-40. Buddy has his rims plasti dipped on his BMW. The WD-40 and a pressure washer took care of that.

WD-40. Buddy has his rims plasti dipped on his BMW. The WD-40 and a pressure washer took care of that.
Nope! wD40 didn't work. Already tried it. It's been on the car a long long time. But thanks!

Have a go with Vaseline......smear it on one clip to try it out. It might take a day or two to soften the Plasti-dip.

Or try Brake fluid..... Dot 3 would work best - it tears paint off.

did you spray the wd40 and let it seep in ? I’ve tried wd 40 and it works great. Hm now I’m hoping the spoiler I painted doesn’t bake on :(

I'm going to try the vasoline and I bet the dot3 would work, but I don't want to damage the black paint underneath. Thanks. Tony.

Have a go with Vaseline......smear it on one clip to try it out. It might take a day or two to soften the Plasti-dip.

Or try Brake fluid..... Dot 3 would work best - it tears paint off.
Maybe Fluidfilm would work?

Auto Transport Service
Back