• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frnknsteens '69 Charger project

Yep,... White top, white interior, white tail stripe.

I'm a little concerned about all that white inside, so I am thinking of having Legendary make me a custom set of seat covers that have just a touch of turquoise to break it up. Very subtle though. Thinking of just doing the beading around the inserts and around the collars and skirts in dark turquoise that matches the body color (well,... just a touch darker), then having the insert stitching and buttons also be turquoise, then matching turquoise carpet and dash pads.

I know the original dashes were black on the white interior cars, but I always thought it didn't look right to have all that black, when it was the only black in a white interior.
If we were talking about the 50's cars that would make sense......I personally like the all white interior......Black dash, black carpet, black seatbelts and the black center console. Just a suggestion chargers are very very hard to deviate from what the factory got right....

My first charger was a 69 white hat special....red exterior, white top and white interior......I loved the all white interior with the black contrasts....

Just my suggestions......

Something like this..... I just messed with modifying a picture I found in Microsoft paint. Not quite the right turquoise..... too light, but it's all there was to choose from

White interior.jpg

If we were talking about the 50's cars that would make sense......I personally like the all white interior......Black dash, black carpet, black seatbelts and the black center console. Just a suggestion chargers are very very hard to deviate from what the factory got right....

My first charger was a 69 white hat special....red exterior, white top and white interior......I loved the all white interior with the black contrasts....

Just my suggestions......

Makes sense, and I see your point. Have to think hard about it before placing the Legendary order. They are running a 25% off sale through January 7th, so I need to decide soon

Oh,... and mine won't have the console,... my car came with the buddy seat and I'm keeping it with the 4spd

Congratulations on the progress of your beauty.
That paint is gorgeous.:thumbsup:

Something like this..... I just messed with modifying a picture I found in Microsoft paint. Not quite the right turquoise..... too light, but it's all there was to choose from

View attachment 691957
Keep in mind the door panel, arm rest and upper pad is plain white....may look mix matched....possibly...

Very cool you have the buddy seat as well....

Job well done. Getting this hurdle behind you will really make the car move along now. As has been stated, this color is not very often seen and yet it looks so good on the car. I can appreciate your happiness in getting the car to this stage.

Keep in mind the door panel, arm rest and upper pad is plain white....may look mix matched....possibly...

True,... something to consider! Worst case, I order plain white and if I don't like it, I order another set with the turquoise at some point., Or order it with the turquoise, and if it doesn't look right, order the plain white and replace it. About an $800 gamble though! :eek:

Job well done. Getting this hurdle behind you will really make the car move along now. As has been stated, this color is not very often seen and yet it looks so good on the car. I can appreciate your happiness in getting the car to this stage.

Thanks Richard!

True,... something to consider! Worst case, I order plain white and if I don't like it, I order another set with the turquoise at some point., Or order it with the turquoise, and if it doesn't look right, order the plain white and replace it. About an $800 gamble though! :eek:
Once you get in the seat and bust down the road....it won't even be a thought....Especially, when your car is at a show.....You just can't stop looking at that exterior color....

But hey you have to put in what you prefer and to be happy with it...

:thumbsup:

Congrats, that's absolutely beautiful! Best part of a build is getting the paint on, after that your like a little kid on Christmas morning wanting to bolt everything you can back on it asap lol. Enjoy

@moparnation74

Well,... Bit the bullet and ordered all my interior for the Charger last week while Legendary had their sale going. Decided to stick with the stock solid white seats, rather than incorporate some turquoise in like I was considering. Still not a big fan of the all black dash with the white interior, so still may try to incorporate some color into the dash, but the seats will all be standard white interior.

Thanks for all the comments and opinions! Nice to have others to bounce ideas off of!

Well,.... Ran into an issue when my shop pulled the rear diff apart for inspection. They found some nasty stuff inside that needed to be addressed. Looked into what all we needed and determined it was more cost effective to find a replacement. Found a good used full setup in a 489 case for a reasonable price. May still need to replace bearings and clutch packs, but at least we won't have to purchase and replace the larger hard parts. Pics of my diff internals below.

DSCN2424.JPG DSCN2426.JPG DSCN2428.JPG DSCN2429.JPG

Ouch! Talk about rear end abuse:D

What case housed the damaged carrier?

Ouch! Talk about rear end abuse:D

What case housed the damaged carrier?

Are you asking what third member I had in there that had the damage? I believe it was also a 489 case, but I can't say for sure. It is the one that has been in there as long as I have owned it and I just haven't looked at the casting #'s before. The car is an original SE car with 383 2bbl and 727 auto, but that was already long gone when I bought it as a kid 30+ years ago.

So I just realized I hadn't posted anything in a while. Progress has slowed down a little bit, but still moving forward. The shop working on my car has the rear diff gone through and back together. They also have the engine/trans and suspension mounted to the k-frame and ready to go in, and paint work has been cut and buffed. Rear tail light panel has been scuffed and painted.

The lens of their camera must have been a little dirty because the pictures aren't real clear, but goo enough to see what has been done to the car.

DSCN7154 (1280x960).jpg DSCN7165 (1280x960).jpg DSCN2417 (1280x960).jpg

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of the cut & buff and the rear tail light panel getting painted

DSCN6964 (1280x960).jpg DSCN6978 (1280x960).jpg DSCN7014 (1280x960).jpg DSCN7025 (1280x960).jpg

I just got some pictures today of the vinyl top going on and the headliner going in. Along with these pictures was the most recent invoice showing that all the different wiring harnesses have been ordered along with the full Vintage Air A/C kit. With this, I just ordered a bunch of parts from 69bfan, including new grille trim kit, front parking lamp lenses, mirror, S/E tags for the C-pillar, antenna and other items

I'm being told that next step is to put the front and rear suspension up into the car and it will be back on it's wheels for the first time in quite a while.

Can't wait!! Starting to get real exciting now!!

DSCN7234 (1280x960).jpg DSCN7535 (1280x960).jpg DSCN7537 (1280x960).jpg DSCN7538 (1280x960).jpg DSCN7540 (1280x960).jpg DSCN7542 (1280x960).jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back