• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frnknsteens '69 Charger project

Thanks. I went up to watch them paint the car and have been happy with the color scheme since the first bit of color went on. Can't wait to see it all unmasked and finished up!

Haven't been on here for a while. Pretty busy at work lately! Just had the opportunity to go visit my Charger at the shop doing the work. Engine, trans, and all drive train have been installed, as well as the majority of the engine compartment buildup.

Repairs and paint work has been completed on the grill (forgot to take a picture of that while I was there). They are currently painting the dash and doing all the dash wiring getting it ready to install.

Getting closer to this thing being done and ready to enjoy! Hoping to have it completed by late summer or early fall.

0701191013a.jpg 0701191014.jpg 0701191014a.jpg 0701191015.jpg 0701191015a.jpg

It’s not even done and it looks amazing! I know you’re ecstatic!

Thanks guys! Yes,.... I CAN'T Wait for it to be done!!

Something about a white vinyl top. The wife keeps talking me out of it but I keep going back to it.

Something about a white vinyl top. The wife keeps talking me out of it but I keep going back to it.
Yeah! I understand what you're saying! My wife has commented that it's my responsibility to keep all that white vinyl clean! :)

Yeah! I understand what you're saying! My wife has commented that it's my responsibility to keep all that white vinyl clean! :)
Yep. I'll have enough white vinyl on the inside my roadrunner came with white bench and door panels. I want to add the white vinyl top even thou it never had a vinyl top. She disagrees.

Looking great! I love that white top.

I like the white top, but we had problems with it. First, we got the 68-68 "Pearl" white that has the gold tint to it, even though I specified to the vendor that I wanted the plain white top offered on 69-70 Chargers. Legendary exchanged it and got them a "White" top, but the shop working on my car started installing the new top, then realized the seams were very uneven down the length of them.

I was told they ranged from 3/8' wide to nearly 3/4". They contacted Legendary and told them about the problem, but it still took three tries to get one that had even seams. The shop finally told them they need to open it up and verify that the seams were straight, or sew up a new one themselves and ensure the seams were straight. Final version looks good!

I will commend the shop working on my car that they caught it, and Legendary DID work with them and get them a good top. It just took a bit to get there!

Wow,..... Has Covid thrown a wrench in things and turned lives upside down. Where have the last couple years flown away to?? Things changed for me at work in 2019 and limited my ability to pop on and give updates, and after working on a computer all day, I just didn't have the time or interest to jump back on a computer after I get home. Then, Covid rocks the world and totally changes our work/life balances!!

Needless to say, EVERYTHING got delayed with the shop being shorthanded and having to change how they do things due to Covid restrictions, but the good news is the car is done, home, and sitting in my garage!! We have a few areas we are addressing that didn't get done to our expectations on the fit and finish of interior, weather-stripping, and trim work, but it is home and we have been enjoying going for rides to get a little dinner or ice cream, hit a cruise-in, or just tooling around the back roads.

I've got a ton of pictures of it, but only a few accessible at the moment, and have to share those from my phone to my computer, but will post more when I get a chance. Want to extend a huge round of thanks to everyone on here that helped answer questions along the way, or helped find parts when needed. You guys are all awesome!!

Charger First Drive.jpg Charger.jpg

Thought I'd pop a few more pics on here while I have better access to them

DSCN5494.JPG DSCN5495.JPG DSCN5502.JPG DSCN5500.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back