• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Front sway bar inquiry (`65 to `69)

Dako

Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
Since my `66 Belvedere II did not come with a sway bar, I plan to install an aftermarket one up front. From what I see, they are the same from `65 through `69? My question is for those who have installed an aftermarket sway bar on a car that did not come factory equipped with one: What brand did you use and was it a complete 'bolt-on' kit? Drilling holes is okay, but I'm not welding brackets (paint has already dried). Any photos of the sway bar installed would be greatly appreciated as well.

Addco 1-1/8 in. I made the front mounts. The ones they sent bolted to the bottom of K-frame and had the front mount hanging out in front of the K and hooked to a flat piece that bolted only in one spot to the K. I made these mounts up and havent had any problems. Installed a 7/8 in bar in the back. Hope this helps....BTW, since I took these pics I have squared up the mounts to the LCA,s that bolt up with the lower shock mount bolts.

DSCN4330.JPG
DSCN4331.JPG
DSCN4327.JPG
DSCN4328.JPG
DSCN4329.JPG
DSCN4326.JPG
IMG_6399.jpg

Nice detail. That kind of welding I am up to (off the car). Thanks Ken! Anybody else have an aftermarket sway bar installed on their car that did not come from the factory with one?

This one is from Firm Feel--go to their website--tons of suspension, handling, and steering box bolt-on's to improve our B-bodies; Good luck!

Attachments

• 5. Satellite under-front.jpg
    5. Satellite under-front.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 166
  • 7. Satellite left-front.jpg
    7. Satellite left-front.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 166
This one is from Firm Feel--go to their website--tons of suspension, handling, and steering box bolt-on's to improve our B-bodies; Good luck!

Thanks ilm65. Appreciate the post. Does this one bolt to the lower control arms the same...using 'L' brackets on the shock bolts?

Dako, Yes it does. The Firm Feel kit is complete with absolutely everything you need for the install including explicit instructions. Forgot what I paid for it but again, if you visit their website, the prices are right there (last time I looked). And by the way, the handling is GREATLY improved--cornering on the most winding freeway entrance ramps is now fun; you're going to notice a vast improvement.

Auto Transport Service
Back