• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Air Separation Systems

I am just wondering if fuel air separation systems like Fass Fuel System & Parts really work? Is it really beneficial to diesel engines?

They sure do because you can get air entrainment from the rotors of an electric pump and under higher pressures the air molecules reduce to micro size. These air particles play havoc with the injectors and can create unsteady fuel pressure. Remember, you can compress a gas like air but not a liquid so air in the fuel causes fizzling as it leaves the injector tips. Not needed with carbs because the air dissipates as it sits in the fuel bowls. You do need, however, a really good seal at the settling bowl especially when you hit 25 p.s.i. or above.

Brother in law runs one in his power stroke F250, first thing he got when he bought the truck

I have a FASS on my Ram 2500, best 500 bucks I ever spent. Get a fuel pressure gauge cause if you go to low on a Dodge, your VP44 will take a ****.

Auto Transport Service
Back