• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel injection pump size

Jeffj

Local time
10:51 PM
Reaction score
Is a Walbro 255 litre per hour pump big enough for a srt8 hemi swap with a bit of room or would it be better to buy a 340 ltr or 400 ltr size pump to have more room for future mods? I don't want to waste $ and have a bigger(noisier) pump than what is required for say, up to 500 engine hp.
Any advise?
Jeff J

info

that is 269 quarts per hour, or 63 gallons per hour, or 1.05 gallons per minute. Hope it does not need that much fuel.
pt in Tennessee

Is a Walbro 255 litre per hour pump big enough for a srt8 hemi swap with a bit of room or would it be better to buy a 340 ltr or 400 ltr size pump to have more room for future mods? I don't want to waste $ and have a bigger(noisier) pump than what is required for say, up to 500 engine hp.
Any advise?
Jeff J

I just found another pump, about the same size, that they say is very quiet and they have a chart for it:
at 13.5 volts; at 60 psi it does 324 lb per hr or 54 gal per hr or 204.4 litres per hr = 3.41 litres per minute which they say is good for 589 brake hp. So it would seem to be adequate for a bit of head room on a 500 hp engine running with a normal charging system.

Yup, plenty of pump for a naturally aspirated setup. Like Jeff said, they are usually good to about 600 crank or 500 wheel.

Auto Transport Service
Back