• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Pump Inlet/Outlets

DETAILS MATTER!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:42 PM
Reaction score
Trying to install hard line from pump to carb, the outlet on my pump is on the front side/inlet toward rear of car. I have looked at previous threads showing outlet toward front of car. (Carter pump). Are some pumps reversed this way? Thanks in advance!

Your question is confusing. Outlet at front of car is correct and inlet at rear of pump.

Sorry, the 1/2"x20 outlet to carb is pointing to rear of car.

Hope you will still use hose from line to pump.
This is the most dangerous thing you can do! You should use as little rubber hose as possible on a fuel system! Meaning about a couple of inches. Good Luck

Wrong pump? sometimes things get put in wrong boxes at the factory...Double check the numbers.

Is it a competition series where you can clock the pump (inlet and outlet) it will have about 16 screws that hold the pump halves together.

It was on the car when I got it, can't see a part #, but it looks just like a Carter M-3672s which is what came on them from the factory.

20170510_190222.jpg

20200109_163611.jpg

Last edited:
You say pump was on car already and was it plumbed with inlet to the front and outlet to the rear. Did car run like that? Is there an electric pump in the line somewhere? And I believe fittings on pump might be 3/8" not 1/2", not that it matters but just for info.

It was on the car when I got it, can't see a part #, but it looks just like a Carter M-3672s which is what came on them from the factory.
If the connections are definitely reversed I would just get a new 3672 for under $30 and know that you have it plumbed correctly.

Auto Transport Service
Back