• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel Pump leaking

Huicho417

Local time
7:11 PM
Reaction score
Is it possible for a fuel pump to leak oil from the weep hole? I keep chasing a small oil leak on the passenger side of the engine around the fuel pump. It creates a light oil coat on the front of the block and head. I removed the pump last week and made sure the gasket was good and it was tight against the mounting flange. Today, when i looked under the hood there was several drops of oil on top of the pump. I also noticed my fuel pressure when down to about 3.5 when initially set it to 5.5 per the Edelbrock carb recommendation.

Last edited:
Is it possible for a fuel pump to leak oil from the weep hole? I keep chasing a small oil leak on the passenger side of the engine around the fuel pump. It creates a light oil coat on the front of the block and head. I removed the pump last week and made sure the gasket was good and it was tight against the mounting flange. Today, when i looked under the hood there was several drops of oil on top of the pump. I also noticed my fuel pressure when down to about 3.5 when initially set it to 5.5 per the Edelbrock carb recommendation.
Yes they can.

i removed the fuel pump and it indeed was leaking oil from the vent. I even witnessed it before I removed it as I accelerated the car manually from under the hood.

I ordered the new one and noticed the arm shapes are different. The old one is the straight one and new one curved. Was the one I had in there incorrect? I also called Carter to ask about why the pump failed so early and the tech mentioned they had a bad batch of pumps that were produced during the COVID time, their quality control went down due to limited personnel.

IMG_9437.jpeg

IMG_9434.jpeg

IMG_9435.jpeg

IMG_9436.jpeg

The arm should be ok. It just rides on the pump lobe on the camshaft.

Auto Transport Service
Back