• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fuel rod for fuel pump

mpro69rr

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:09 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys, When I install the fuel rod for the fuel pump do I have to grease it? If so what kind of grease?

Thanks!

No, just oil is fine but if you have a little assembly lube that wouldn't hurt.

Thicker grease will help hold it in place, either or, doesn't matter. Good Luck

Hey Guys, When I install the fuel rod for the fuel pump do I have to grease it? If so what kind of grease?

Thanks!
Unless the rod is new, check the length and see how close to 3.22" it is.

Thanks!
One note of caution. If you are running a steel roller cam (i think you mentioned that earlier) you may want to consider using a pushrod with the bronze tip instead of the stock type hardened steel made for iron versions. Check Comp Cams specs to verify.

Since it runs off a lobe on the cam isn't it a good idea to use cam lube on that particular lobe? 440'

Some assembly lube won't hurt; once the engine gets running it just gets splash oiled from the valley. Not much pressure put on the cam's eccentric by the fuel pump..

Since it runs off a lobe on the cam isn't it a good idea to use cam lube on that particular lobe? 440'
Not really a lobe in the flat tappet sense but rather an eccentric. Receives the same oil as the rest of the engine.

One note of caution. If you are running a steel roller cam (i think you mentioned that earlier) you may want to consider using a pushrod with the bronze tip instead of the stock type hardened steel made for iron versions. Check Comp Cams specs to verify.

Yes, its a roller

Auto Transport Service
Back