• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fury Cowl Repair

1974ChargerSE

Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
My 64 Fury convertible has a rusted-out lower cowl where the wiper pivot holds the wiper through the upper cowl drivers side. I have tried most places I can think of, and all lost their supplier (Taiwan) when covid hit. Does anyone have any ideas where one can be found?

Thanks,

Larry

Sherman's in Detroit used to make this panel. Try them. Summit and Jeg's were dealers for their stuff as well. You could also try them.

Found a new supplier: Automotive Manufacturers out of Michigan that has some of these. Claim to be U.S. produced - $105+20 shipping.
Appear to be nice part, not sure of fit yet.

The patch panel I purchased did not have the same shape around the wiper pivot so, I removed the OEM area and welded it in the replacement panel. Just a heads up.
Mike

Thanks for the info. I have looked for a couple years to find this part. Now the real hard work... The car is a convertible Fury, so not that many originally manufactured - worth saving...

Found a new supplier: Automotive Manufacturers out of Michigan that has some of these. Claim to be U.S. produced - $105+20 shipping.
Appear to be nice part, not sure of fit yet.
I've googled these guys and I can't find them, do you have any other info on these guys?

Sherman's in Detroit used to make this panel. Try them. Summit and Jeg's were dealers for their stuff as well. You could also try them.
Junk, you will be sorry you bough this brand

I know Sherman's stuff is pretty rowdy, but there is nothing else out there.

Auto Transport Service
Back