• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G’day from New Zealand

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
I’ve been a Mopar man since day one.
A mate and I traveled around Canada in the 90’s in a four door ‘72 Satellite land yacht. Just the best way to get around! Later on owned a black 440 powered 69 Charger. The old story.....shouldn’t have sold that one.
I now have ‘70 Satellite. A completely original survivor car (apart from the 17” wheels) that came to New Zealand from Lodi, California in 2007. It’s a 318, A230 manual three speed column shift. Apart from the usual rust in the back window and trunk floor and a few minor supermarket bumps and bangs it’s a good solid car. It’s got to a point though where it needs a bit more loving than just general maintenance.
This forum has a ton of great help and advice. Looking forward to putting it into practice.
Happy moparing. Cheers.

EE9988FE-4445-4A69-9A82-AB27033853BB.jpeg F05F400E-18F9-403F-9CBE-2AF79B0AF017.jpeg 7A205CB6-FDC0-4575-AFF3-902581911C79.png

One of my favorite body styles and colors nice find! That's a great car to spend a lot of time restoring and well, just me, but adding a bunch of lets say generally era-correct tricks. You will find a lot of help on the forum!

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest, nice car!

Nice!! Could you take a picture of the underneath the licence plate showing the springs & rear diff? Thanks

Ah yes, the ol’ three on the tree! Shifting those brought back a memory of a ‘63 Chevy 2 (Nova) I had. Trying to power shift the manual trans, that was attached to the 194cu.in. six-banger, the linkage would jam up between first and second. The fix required pulling to the side of the road, pop the hood and “monkeying” with the steering column rods.
I like the look of your 17”ers.
Welcome from Illinois.

Hi Kiwi Satellite and :welcome:from :canada: Thanks for the pictures, we all appreciate that!

Welcome aboard !!!! The 70 Satellite/RR is my favorite. I've owned 1 70 RR and 3 70 Satellite droptops (my current ride). My first Satellite was a 318/ 3 on the tree. Loved that car, drove it through 4 years of college. Lotta memories !!!

Welcome sir. I sold my 67 Coronet to a guy in Christ Church a few years ago!

welcome to FBBO

Probably a short drive from me ....

Are you in the 'Tron or nearby @Kiwi Satellite ?:D

Welcome to the FBBO Family from up the road in the big smoke. :lol:

Thanks for all the friendly replies
The plans are eventually for a complete repaint, new interior and keep the drive train stock standard. Quite happy just cruising now. Had my fun and hairy moments in the Charger years ago
But for the moment we’re keeping it road legal and enjoying it. Replacing all suspension bushings etc soon.
Hemi-Itis. The diff is an open 741 with 2.76 gears. I’ll pop a photo up for you.
We’re in Cambridge. Long way from Christchurch

Welcome from the show me state!!

Auto Transport Service
Back