• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gen II Hemi Head Question

jayfire

Local time
2:15 PM
Reaction score
E176989E-0463-4D87-B09F-E975763A8DAD.jpeg
I have Stage V heads on my 426. The block was o-ringed with copper head gaskets. I have an oil leak on both sides (bottom rears) leaking. I already checked valve cover and intake gaskets, no problems there. It only leaks after the engine has been running and then shut off. It’s in the same area as the rear oil drain back hole. Only 40 miles on rebuilt engine. I tried tightening the head stud nuts, very minimal, but did not help. I know I will need to get it fixed eventually, but is it possible to put a plug in that hole for awhile until it gets done? It has another drain hole in the front. Is this a dumb solution? Thanks

You’ll pump all the oil up to the top end if you do that. I wouldn’t block those holes. It’s leaking at the head gaskets. It’s common for the holes not to line up with the gasket and/or block. Most guys rtv those on both sides of the gasket or use the copper gaskets with the imprinted seals (although they usually need annealed).

Auto Transport Service
Back