• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

give me a brake

omegamonk

Local time
10:05 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone a new guy here from south jersey with a brake question im starting restoration on my 67 gtx while going over the Dana rear i noticed there is no self adjusters on these drums is this a factory setup are a previous owners hack?...........thanks Paul

Pauls car photo.jpg

that is a factory setup. if you look at the teeth on the star wheel, they are large and rounded. that means this is a manually adjusted brake. if the teeth were pointier and smaller, then there should be automatic adjusters.

Yup, what he said. I'm guessing those are the 11" brakes. If it had the 10" (which would have meant power) then they probably would have been self adjusters.

You can get the parts (in a kit) to convert your front and rear 11" to self adjusters if you want them

thank you for your replies we have a lot of work ahead so ill probably be posting agin soon....thanks for the great site

Auto Transport Service
Back