• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GM Spokeswoman is asked where the electricity to charge the Chevy Volt she's gushing over comes from

Lot of should, projected and the like being passed around. Just like I should be getting 7 days of sunshine and a 1 inch of rain every 8th day after sundown. Nope not going to happen. But for those of you wanting to go solar please do so on your own dime.

Not MEN, MALES you shouldn’t call males men now a day’s.
5b3a357d7d527ba5467a9133c982854b.jpg

Carbon tax coming for electric bills REAL SOON, MARK MY WORDS !!! Heat pump in Canada, OUCH!! $$$$$$$. Snow on panels = 0kw, just like watching rain this am on panels for office bldg next door, oh, no wind either so county owned wind generators sat with 0 kw output. My Gas Turbine generator sitting at max load, no problems, rain, snow, high winds & sunny days!!

Carbon tax on electricity? Even more of a reason to make my own lol. Although I doubt carbon tax will be on electricity. Electricity is provincially regulated, not federally and most hydro comes from non carbon sources. But if it is I'll be using so little electricity it won't matter anyway. What's your beef with heat pumps in Canada? Maybe you are unaware. They operate just fine down to 1.4 degrees F and when it needs help it has electric aux heat, which I produce myself! Snow on panels? Ya but so what? Not for long. Solar's not a big producer in the winter anyway. That's the beauty of Net Metering. Produce enough power in sunny days to use up during slower months.
And listen, I'm not here to convince you about the merits of solar, that's been done. Nor am I trying to sell you something. I'm a numbers guy, always have been. Very successful at it too. I retired at 44 because I crunch numbers and plan for personal wealth.

Lot of should, projected and the like being passed around. Just like I should be getting 7 days of sunshine and a 1 inch of rain every 8th day after sundown. Nope not going to happen. But for those of you wanting to go solar please do so on your own dime.
So closeminded! "Lot of should, projected and blah blah". What the hell do you want me to say? I don't even have the panels yet to offer any firm data! All I can go by are the millions of solar reviews by homeowners and project my own outcome. I laugh that you equate solar power to your dream of living in a fantasy land of 7 days of sunshine. On my own dime? I am. The fact that the government returns about 80% of the taxes I paid for the system isn't enough IMO. And think about it...the more residential solar out there the less hydro infrastructure needed in the future. If more people had solar, less tax dollars would be needed to produce the growing electrical demand. Look at the bigger picture.
And listen, I'm not here to convince you about the merits of solar, that's been done. Nor am I trying to sell you something. I'm a numbers guy, always have been. Very successful at it too. I retired at 44 because I crunch numbers and plan for personal wealth.

Who are women? The country is still waiting to know? Our last overly educated but still stupid Supreme Court Justice has no idea. Beings they like to kill their offspring can we even still consider them human or just mirror animals?
Considering the demented old ego engorged fool that nominated we will never know.

Carbon tax on electricity? Even more of a reason to make my own lol. Although I doubt carbon tax will be on electricity. Electricity is provincially regulated, not federally and most hydro comes from non carbon sources. But if it is I'll be using so little electricity it won't matter anyway. What's your beef with heat pumps in Canada? Maybe you are unaware. They operate just fine down to 1.4 degrees F and when it needs help it has electric aux heat, which I produce myself! Snow on panels? Ya but so what? Not for long. Solar's not a big producer in the winter anyway. That's the beauty of Net Metering. Produce enough power in sunny days to use up during slower months.

So closeminded! "Lot of should, projected and blah blah". What the hell do you want me to say? I don't even have the panels yet to offer any firm data! All I can go by are the millions of solar reviews by homeowners and project my own outcome. I laugh that you equate solar power to your dream of living in a fantasy land of 7 days of sunshine. On my own dime? I am. The fact that the government returns about 80% of the taxes I paid for the system isn't enough IMO. And think about it...the more residential solar out there the less hydro infrastructure needed in the future. If more people had solar, less tax dollars would be needed to produce the growing electrical demand. Look at the bigger picture.
Bu-----t you live north of the border in the land of doing ignorant things so wait for it they will find a way. Your electricity will never be free of government control.

If your so well off why push the solar crap. I would go as far to say 90% of it here would not be if not for government dollars and the I feel so good deal.
Want to help the environment cut your energy use regardless what you want to use. The resources for grid or off grid don't just fall from the sky. Oh man I screwed up, you think they do. But think of the lives you disrupt in the process of your breast pumping bewilderment. Those resources came from somewhere.

Bu-----t you live north of the border in the land of doing ignorant things so wait for it they will find a way. Your electricity will never be free of government control.
The electricity I use has been under government control since 1961. We have really cheap power here.

Toyota’s plug-in RAV4 Prime small SUV with 42 miles of electric range earns the buyer a $7,500 credit, the largest available. The Prius Prime plug-in, with 25 miles of electric range, gets $4,500.

The letter was signed by GM CEO Mary Barra, Toyota CEO Ted Ogawa, Ford CEO Jim Farley and Stellantis CEO Carlos Tavares,

The above want this extended beyond the present 200,000 sold limit per manufacture. If these vehicles are so great this is total BS. Why are the rest of us paying for this?

Carbon tax on EVERYTHING; EVEN SOLAR; since when does ANY GOVERNMENT pass on a TAX???? Carbon "credits" are government issued, do away with THAT, which they are, and redo your numbers. WEF wants carbon tax on gas, utility, food AND COW FARTS.
Canada WILL make this federal, just a matter of time unless major change at fed level.
No battery pack under my ***, thank you very much.

If your so well off why push the solar crap. I would go as far to say 90% of it here would not be if not for government dollars and the I feel so good deal.
Want to help the environment cut your energy use regardless what you want to use. The resources for grid or off grid don't just fall from the sky. Oh man I screwed up, you think they do. But think of the lives you disrupt in the process of your breast pumping bewilderment. Those resources came from somewhere.
So tiring. Push the solar crap? I left a comment and you went all ignorant about it. Lets just agree to disagree.

There ain't nothing free....
What are you going to do when your panels
reach the end of their useful life and there's
no way to dispose of them? Landfills won't
accept them, and there are very few
materials in a panel that are recyclable. In
large arrays, they fry any birds flying too
close over them. Your batteries, also
contribute to environmental pollutants.
Just as windmill blades (made from
fiberglass), are stacking up in huge
amounts. Landfills won't accept those
either, and the fiberglass doesn't
decompose.
Living off grid has it's good points, but
there are offsetting bad points.
.. and from what I've gathered, the majority of solar panels are manufactured in China.. and most of those Chinese factories are powered by coal. Just like we did with most of our well-paying blue-collar jobs (the ones that made this country), we export most of our pollution and garbage.

.. and from what I've gathered, the majority of solar panels are manufactured in China.. and most of those Chinese factories are powered by coal. Just like we did with most of our well-paying blue-collar jobs (the ones that made this country), we export most of our pollution and garbage.
Make our enemies stronger and the country vulnerable. What more can go wrong?

Make our enemies stronger and the country vulnerable. What more can go wrong

Auto Transport Service
Back