• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going Tubeless & Screwless?

Radial slicks must be run tubeless and no need to run rim screws. They hold I much better and never seem to lose air.
Bias slicks such as M/T which are notorious for losing air through the sidewalls.

That is so true about the M/T bias slicks as I tried them once without tubes and they leaked fast. The Hoosier 30 x 9 radial slicks I use now dont have any dish wash liquid on them and they hold air great. I have heard many people over the years say to coat the inside with the dish washer stuff like was said here and I usually put a little on but I just forgot to with the Hoosiers I have on it now and these hold good pressure all winter. Ron

Mike
I do have tubes & screws, ran things that way for many years "back in the day". Some things are a little different now so I asked. Also ran the 11.5W x 29.5 (actually 30.4) @ 12.5 psi for years @ 3450#, 10.50/128, dead nuts consistent, no bowing up in the middle. Thanks for your input.

I personally did not have experience with less than 13lbs "crushing" the tire and making them bow up in the middle (for MT slicks less than 30")....it was MT Tech that told me less than 13lbs with a car over 3500lbs would crush the slicks.

Auto Transport Service
Back