• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good guy alert

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
Don Frelier

He took the time to come to my house to help me trouble shoot some carb, ignition issues with my car. He is a good guy and a good friend !

Thanks Don !

Don Frelier

He took the time to come to my house to help me trouble shoot some carb, ignition issues with my car. He is a good guy and a good friend !

Thanks Don !
Awesome, way to go @Don Frelier !

So...what did the problem(s) wind up being, anyways?

Had the opportunity to meet Don at Carlisle. Very friendly and knowledgeable guy. :thumbsup:

Good to know
we do have some great (& helpful), knowledgeable members, here

Bad spark plugs. It was running fairly smooth, although as a 4 cylinder ! It only started backfiring after putting the exhaust on because the unburned fuel had an escape. Once the exhaust was on the unburned fuel hung around until it fired off. We ( mostly Don) took the carb apart thinking the floats or something was messed up causing too much fuel into the cylinders. Carb ws fine. Then it was on to the points, condenser, cap, rotor. Everything good. It was then that Don said to start it up, which I happily obliged. After a couple seconds he had me shut it off. He then touched every header pipe. He found 4 cold ones. We checked the plugs and wires on those 4 with a known good plug. Yup 4 out of 8 Autolite plugs where no good. These plugs are 3 years old but only have about one hour or running time on them. So I am guessing they were bad from the start, but I have had them too long to return.

Lesson learned....I dont like autolite plugs

Auto Transport Service
Back