• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good targets for shooting practice?

SteveSS

Local time
5:45 AM
Reaction score
We were getting the Halloween stuff out and I was reminded of our targets last year. Walmart sells their plastic pumpkins for $.10 after Halloween. Filled with water they make fun targets.

What do you use for shooting fun?

96E44F03-3DA0-45C1-88FF-D085D49DEF51.jpeg

Cans of shaving foam from the dollar store. And Tannerite of course!

old cd's. the way they shimmer, and reflect light....................blammo!

Last edited:
old 1 gal milk jugs filled with water, explode nicely on impact

use to have Obama Bin Ladin Posters too, they were a real hit

I like picking up bags of potatoes, apples, oranges, corn, whatever is in season from the farmers market. $20 gets you a whole lot of fun and I don't worry about the litter. A few pallets and some Tannerite are pretty much mandatory on any shooting day.

My targets are made of clay.

Apples, rotten tomatoes, eggs, pumpkins. Clay birds hanging or posted on a board.

Moving targets...Rats, cats, pigeons lol

Rotten duck eggs give off a nice pop when you hit them

All(except windshield) the glass WAS good. The doors WERE both real good. The body WASN'T bad. Tail lights WERE good.
Before my sons used the dart sport out back for target practice many years ago.

NO, dad was not happy.

When I was a kid with a pellet gun, I'd hang model airplanes from mom's clothes line. The planes were crammed with strike-anywhere match heads...

Nails or a 5 gal can depends on what I am shooting with. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back