• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got a Hellcat on order? Well, maybe you don't....

Sixpaksteve

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
For those of you who have a Hellcat on order at your local Dodge dealership, you might want to pick up a copy of todays (3/3/15) USA TODAY newspaper and take a look at Section B. A front page article there starts out..... "FCA is warning potential buyers that some of it's Dodge dealers are cheating them - accepting deposits for more of the high-performance Hellcat models than they are likely to be able to deliver."

Sorry to be the bearer of (potentially)bad news.

Last edited:
I don't know who that person got the information from. However, I did read that the president of Dodge earlier this year was dispelling the rumor of Dodge only building a certain number of Hellcats. He said as long as they were getting orders for them they would be met.

I would be more worried about the shear number of them being wrecked and what that does to insurance just to have one.

There are people that put money down and ordered Challengers back in September that still don't even have a build date yet.
FCA now says a limit of 1 Hellcat powered vehicle per month for dealers that meet qualifying criteria. If you have one ordered with a dealer that has more than a couple ordered ahead of you....your screwed. ..even if they qualify. If they don't qualify. ...your screwed!

There are people that put money down and ordered Challengers back in September that still don't even have a build date yet.
FCA now says a limit of 1 Hellcat powered vehicle per month for dealers that meet qualifying criteria. If you have one ordered with a dealer that has more than a couple ordered ahead of you....your screwed. ..even if they qualify. If they don't qualify. ...your screwed!

You are correct. I ordered a white one and I waited long enough to get my deposit back. 6 months and still no Vin #. I got 4 different answers from 4 different people. Nobody has a clue what really is going on with these cars.

I don't know who that person got the information from. However, I did read that the president of Dodge earlier this year was dispelling the rumor of Dodge only building a certain number of Hellcats. He said as long as they were getting orders for them they would be met.

Apparently the president of Dodge was basing his comments on only a handful of orders coming in. His division is obviously NOT meeting the orders.

What Dodge isn't saying is that they allowed dealers to take many orders from many customers and in turn place these orders with Dodge, who assigned a vehicle order number to each order submitted. A couple months ago, this allocation system became public which was "needed" because they simply cannot produce Hellcats fast enough, so they now have resorted to blaming the dealers.

As a consumer, according to Dodge's chart, we are supposed to find out all sorts of private information about a particular dealership if we want to place an order.

Simply, Dodge f**ked up by not anticipating the demand for these cars.

I am one of the lucky few who placed an order with a dealer who had 50 on order. Where I was in that 50, I have no idea. I found another local dealer who has an allocation available & I ordered a 2nd time with them in late January. I'm hoping that it will be picked up by Dodge soon. As far as the 1st dealer, I just cancelled with them last week.

For some (like me) it is. Others have had no problem. After months of being in limbo, I now understand the system & with luck, my 2nd order will come through, but there is still plenty of doubt.

I live in a small town and our dealer has already sold at least one because I have seen it, I was told he already sold two but I have not seen the other one. He is agressive, already selling in excess of 40 eco diesel trucks

One wonders why they continue to let this happen. I was all lined up to buy a Challenger in 2008, cash in hand. When I was told it was at least 6-8 months wait I kept my dream alive for about a month and dropped the idea. I wonder how many others have changed their minds because Dodge can't deliver? And most importantly...who's getting fired because of it?

For some (like me) it is. Others have had no problem. After months of being in limbo, I now understand the system & with luck, my 2nd order will come through, but there is still plenty of doubt.

Maybe if you had your own syndicated radio program you'd have a Hellcat by now like Michael Savage.

savage hellcat.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back