• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got hit going to a car show today

T2R9

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Damn, just rolled over 500 miles since completion. 4 way stop and POS Dakota just clipped my quarter. Time to deal with insurance. Will be my first claim with Haggerty. He had Geico. Hope I can get it done before Carlisle. Fortunately it didn't hurt the tail lights!

IMG_3222.JPG

:(
Hagerty won't be the issue, I'm betting - they've been outstanding to work with in my case.
That said, finding a shop is going to be the challenge I'd say.

Damn, just rolled over 500 miles since completion. 4 way stop and POS Dakota just clipped my quarter. Time to deal with insurance. Will be my first claim with Haggerty. He had Geico. Hope I can get it done before Carlisle. Fortunately it didn't hurt the tail lights!

View attachment 1457828
Damn!

That stinks! What did the guy have to say for himself?
He swore up and down he stopped. No way he could have done that damage from a stop in 5 feet. Cop wrote it up as no one at fault since there was no witnesses.

That sucks, hope the insurance covers it all
hopefully, it's his insurance 'that takes the hit', not yours...

good luck

View attachment 1457828
That sucks....and it sounds like a hasty decision by the Cop. Hope it all works out, and fast for you.

I still don’t know what happened. Who got there first. What part of the other car made contact. With damage that far back, you were in possession of the intersection.

I still don’t know what happened. Who got there first. What part of the other car made contact. With damage that far back, you were in possession of the intersection.
He was approching the stop sign to my right and I was going through it. He just did not stop and clipped me with his right bumper. Stupid me thinking he would actually stop.

What a nightmare, thank god no one hurt! Sorry!

No fault usually means the cost comes out of each owners' pockets to fix their own vehicle. I would have made that cop do an investigation and the fact his front hit your quarter means he didn't stop or didn't wait long enough until the intersection was cleared to proceed.

Too bad you were not a little quicker at taking off. I wonder what the guy had to say about what cars were at the intersection. He probably couldn’t say.

All your hard work on completing that absolutely beautiful car
Watched your thread weekly

Damn

So sorry

I need to keep my mouth shut on the other individual involved
Nothing nice to say

Few of my friends filed claims with Haggerty
Said the customer service was beyond outstanding

Both vehicles hit deer

70 Superbee and a 71 Superbee

Wow that just sucks, beautiful car I feel for man.

Auto Transport Service
Back