• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the Classic Backyard Buddy 4 post lift installed today...

9 10 no issue Kent. I have 10' 3 and can park the Bee and Dart underneath with the Bird up top and the wing means the car roof is 9" from the ceiling.

I'm sitting in the shop so here's my Sat locked in measured at roof = 8' 9". Car sits 57" high vs Bee at 53".
20230201_153646.jpg

Nice. I bought mine mainly for storage about a year ago. Mine was just under $4000.00 with a oil drain tray with plug, hydraulic jack option, 3 drip trays, 2 ramps and 4 caster kits. I have a 10-4" ceiling.

20210320_161540.jpg

20210320_161519.jpg

20210320_145617.jpg

20210318_161408.jpg

Snook sorry to take over your thread. But by the looks of the pictures of 6PKRTSE and Wayne's (especially Wayne's at 8' 9" Thanks my friend!) I always was wondering if a fella put the top car on blocks sort of. You know lower the roofline of the top car by taking the wheels off and resting on jack stands or blocks to allow a car underneath for strictly storage purposes. I wonder if anybody has done such a thing?
Sorry again Snook. You lift is the new kid on the block getting all the attention. lol

Hey Chuck. I just noticed the the holes in the floor. Looks like you already had a hoist maybe?

Snook sorry to take over your thread. But by the looks of the pictures of 6PKRTSE and Wayne's (especially Wayne's at 8' 9" Thanks my friend!) I always was wondering if a fella put the top car on blocks sort of. You know lower the roofline of the top car by taking the wheels off and resting on jack stands or blocks to allow a car underneath for strictly storage purposes. I wonder if anybody has done such a thing?
Sorry again Snook. You lift is the new kid on the block getting all the attention. lol
No prob, it all helps everyone else so have at it.

Chuck (snook)

Hey Chuck. I just noticed the the holes in the floor. Looks like you already had a hoist maybe?
Yup, had a MaxJax and it was a great unit just not for an old f*** like me. Tired of crawling under and positioning the arms. No complaints on the MaxJax though, saved me a ton of trouble.

Chuck (snook)

I hear what your saying Chuck. I almost have to make reservations when I get down on the ground! :lol:

Nice. I’m find it’s not so much working on my back, as much as it is getting up and down for that longer extension or sae socket instead of metric as my 1998 ram is a mix of both.

I just went out and measured again and the best height reduction you are going to get by pulling the wheels is 6, maybe 7" if you set the car right on the drums. Lift as I showed above, simulating your ceiling height, has only 44" of clearance under it. So 44 + 6 would give you 50" max. Even if I put my Bee on top at only 53" vs the Sat's 57", while that 4" difference would now appear to give the ability of 54" on the bottom the lift locks are 6" apart. Now that said the lock plates, at least on mine, are adjustable a BIT for height to level each legs lock in spot. You could also cut 2" out of the lock holes at that height so it would lock in at a 4" raise and not 6 in that "top" position.

Ten four on that Wayne. Thanks once more for going out of your way to help a fella out. :thumbsup: Where there's a will there's a way. I also wondered about installing "custom locks" on the lift to achieve my height goals. Time will tell. Once I get the Charger up and running I'll be game for anything. Ceiling adjustments, new footings?? You just never know.

I am considering a lift for my garage, but have not decided between a 2 post and a 4 post. I do not need the lift for storage purposes. My questions....for those that have purchased a lift, have you regretted a 4 post lift and wished you got a 2 post, and vice versa. I like the 4 post, but it is quite a bit more expensive. The 2 post does allow for suspension work, but may have more stringent install requirements regarding footers. Space is not an issue. I have plenty of room and ceiling height.

Barn.jpg

If you can only have one and it's not for storage, a 2 post hands down especially for major work. I do love the 4 post for detail work and minor stuff but hate working around the deck plates or using the jacks.

I have a 4 post. You have the room. I would say 2 post over a 4 post. However, I have the jack option on my 4 post so I can do brakes and suspension. Can't do a trans swap or exhaust work though. I have thought about making one of the center braces swing out of the way or make it removable for trans work.

Why can't you drop a transmission on your 4 post? One of the main reasons I bought mine..

@Snook , did you have a company deliver and setup the lift as well?
And do you just have a normal dedicated outlet for the lift? And does it have it's own hydraulic unit built in?

Auto Transport Service
Back