• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz Fall 2015

Sounds more like a guarantee. I'm guessing the not to exceed price means the restoration would not cost more than "X" amount of dollars and that GYC would be responsible for any costs beyond that amount but in a contract there would be more details than just a maximum price..

Sounds more like a guarantee. I'm guessing the not to exceed price means the restoration would not cost more than "X" amount of dollars and that GYC would be responsible for any costs beyond that amount but in a contract there would be more details than just a maximum price..
Hard to say completely without knowing the specifics and terminology of the contract.

I would think in these types of contracts the bids are higher versus a line item type situation. In today's society people want to know and adhere to a fixed, set number. That works well for his type of clientel and eases a lot of pressures of getting an expensive phone call. He may also have different versions of the contract for different types of restorations.

That not to exceed price is for the complete job, they look at the car figure the worse and you negotiate with them from there. I guess it depends on the car.

Then this is straight Body Shop Insurance collision mentality then. Parts cost X, Labor per hour is X, Blasting, taking apart, storage bins, and labor is all money. Sadly, and I mean no insults by this, but, most of the guys here in this hobby are just that; Hobbyists. And, sadly, hobbyists have little experience in how much this sort of work actually will end up costing! But, if Mark has found a formulae that works...bravo!

Well you have to figure that with AMD and other panels out there, which cover most of what he works on, the cost to say repair a quarter panel will not exceed the cost to simply replace the whole panel. So he knows what he can get things done for.

I think you might have to figure in some $$$$ from Velocity also.

Well guys I am fairly new to this site compared to others on here. But I do a lot of reading on here, as a member here says fill your library before you fill your garage. So after reading this hole post I think the guys with negative comments will not change weather this goes on for another year or more. Don't take this the wrong way but I am here to ask and learn from all of you and anything from any Mopar show I can. I have learned very little after 23 pages of reading, so all I can say guys is move on to more great information that guys and girls want and need to read, listen, learn and build what we have or want in this Mopar world.
1- So since there are so many great members on this page I will mention the one thing that a new or first time builder all would love to know or hear including myself. I have had a 1972 charger with 318 stock and have a 400 block ready to build a 511/512 stroker with it in the future for 3/4 yrs now and not lots done, the reason why is that I work hard for any extra money I have to put towards the car and don't want to spend it the wrong way. So I think a list of where to start with a restoration to the finish would be great. Like should I save and get exterior body done 1st or interior or keep buying parts, I'm sure you all know what I am saying.
Maybe even a sticky page for a so so breakdown would be great on where to start as I would hate to spend money on something that would need to get wrecked or redone later, so now I thank every single member on here that post and helps others, I look forward to keep filling my library (hint) where and what books I should buy. Thx again

Well guys I am fairly new to this site compared to others on here. But I do a lot of reading on here, as a member here says fill your library before you fill your garage. So after reading this hole post I think the guys with negative comments will not change weather this goes on for another year or more. Don't take this the wrong way but I am here to ask and learn from all of you and anything from any Mopar show I can. I have learned very little after 23 pages of reading, so all I can say guys is move on to more great information that guys and girls want and need to read, listen, learn and build what we have or want in this Mopar world.
1- So since there are so many great members on this page I will mention the one thing that a new or first time builder all would love to know or hear including myself. I have had a 1972 charger with 318 stock and have a 400 block ready to build a 511/512 stroker with it in the future for 3/4 yrs now and not lots done, the reason why is that I work hard for any extra money I have to put towards the car and don't want to spend it the wrong way. So I think a list of where to start with a restoration to the finish would be great. Like should I save and get exterior body done 1st or interior or keep buying parts, I'm sure you all know what I am saying.
Maybe even a sticky page for a so so breakdown would be great on where to start as I would hate to spend money on something that would need to get wrecked or redone later, so now I thank every single member on here that post and helps others, I look forward to keep filling my library (hint) where and what books I should buy. Thx again

That's a tall order in all respects.

First and foremost is body and paint.

Inventory your parts, label everything, take photos, videos etc.

Then tear the car apart conpletley if your doing a full resto. Make a detalied list of what's missing, broken, etc. Along with new parts needed.

A good idea for you is to create your own restoration thread on your car. Post many pics as you go and ask questions. There is no step by step restoration guide. Every car will have pitfalls.

On forums just keep in mind we love pictures, cars, and questions!

Start a thread! Just not in this thread plz.

Last edited:
If I was Mark, I would not count on any money from the TV deal to cover-down on the restorations. No way! You will never know what your car needs until you get the car media blasted, period! I blasted a K Member just two days ago for a guy's 70 Challenger, he said (as does everyone) "It looks good" as it was caked with goop and gunk and dirt. There is never any way to tell what something will cost until you get it bare. This K Member had acid sitting on the center, right under the motor, so, a lot of metal was eaten away, and the blasting process punched a nice hole right in the middle of the K member! Another factor to remember and consider is there is really not a lot of people willing to do this sort of work - these 'restorations' as the owner wants to get the best job done for the least amount of money. It's rare when a customer comes in and says I don't care what it costs, just do it right. I've got a couple threads here where you Mach123 can read and see the ins and outs of this process.

Yes totalling thx

- - - Updated - - -

Donny;9103.58615 said:
If I was Mark, I would not count on any money from the TV deal to cover-down on the restorations. No way! You will never know what your car needs until you get the car media blasted, period! I blasted a K Member just two days ago for a guy's 70 Challenger, he said (as does everyone) "It looks good" as it was caked with goop and gunk and dirt. There is never any way to tell what something will cost until you get it bare. This K Member had acid sitting on the center, right under the motor, so, a lot of metal was eaten away, and the blasting process punched a nice hole right in the middle of the K member! Another factor to remember and consider is there is really not a lot of people willing to do this sort of work - these 'restorations' as the owner wants to get the best job done for the least amount of money. It's rare when a customer comes in and says I don't care what it costs, just do it right. I've got a couple threads here where you Mach123 can read and see the ins and outs of this process.

Ok thx a lot Donny

I have had a 1972 charger with 318 stock and have a 400 block ready to build a 511/512 stroker with it in the future for 3/4 yrs now and not lots done, the reason why is that I work hard for any extra money I have to put towards the car and don't want to spend it the wrong way. So I think a list of where to start with a restoration to the finish would be great. Like should I save and get exterior body done 1st or interior or keep buying parts, I'm sure you all know what I am saying.

1.Dont take the car apart.
this more than any other reason is why so many projects get sold.
once its apart people lose interest or get overwhelmed.
2.fix the body and interior with the 318 in it,and enjoy the car.
meantime,accumulate any parts you need and also keep your eyes peeled for a Built motor deal to popup/they do,
and that will save you thousands/maybe on a fresh motor.
3.now u have all your parts,your motor/dont forget the transmission upgrades/convertor/etc.
now you can decide when/where/how-to take the car apart for its rebuild stage.
4.Paint and bodywork,finale
Dont get an estimate from jimmyjoes booty shop,and think its gonna work out.
go to some car shows locally,find out whos been painting the show cars.
ask a Lot of questions before you spend money,on anything.
get Several estimates and look at their shop and how clean it is.
5.we Live for pictures!! post lots of pictures please :)

What's your thoughts on the Season ending GYC? To me, this is my thoughts:

I like seeing more Mopar cars in greater detail that previous seasons of the show.

I don't like seeing more of Mark Worman. He just rubs me wrong, this new season has been the Mark Worman show, which, to me is walking on thin ice, it may hold you up for a little bit, but, you're going to crash through!

I miss the drama and interactions of Josh and Daren and crew. After all, when we get old and look back, all that matters is interpersonal relationsips we've had with one another. So, personal relations are #1 in my book. The chemistry with these guys was what made the show. I send Mark a message stating as such and that I think his new format won't last. He quickly responded telling me I was full of crap and in the minority.

So, weighing the new to the old, the old wins, hands down!

I like seeing more Mopar cars in greater detail that previous seasons of the show.

I don't like seeing more of Mark Worman. He just rubs me wrong, this new season has been the Mark Worman show, which, to me is walking on thin ice, it may hold you up for a little bit, but, you're going to crash through!

I miss the drama and interactions of Josh and Daren and crew. After all, when we get old and look back, all that matters is interpersonal relationsips we've had with one another. So, personal relations are #1 in my book. The chemistry with these guys was what made the show. I send Mark a message stating as such and that I think his new format won't last. He quickly responded telling me I was full of crap and in the minority.

Hey Donny, I don't think you're full of crap. As one of the producers of the show, we do look at everyone's feedback and we do our best to implement. The cast change was something unexpected and we had to deal with it quickly because it happened in the middle of a contracted 26 episode deal. So we went from Episode 14 having the old cast to suddenly Episode 15 being the brand new crew. If it felt like the Mark Worman show it was because we had to lean on him a lot because viewers only knew him - they didn't know these other new guys. That's why if you are to watch the episodes back - to - back, I think you'd agree the show evolved to get you more familiar with the new team.

I agree there was far too much Mark in the show, even Mark thinks this. But now that we've gotten through the awkward phase of introducing these new technicians, and they have proven their worth with four classic Mopar restorations - the two new seasons we're shooting back to back will feature these cast members even more. Another thing to remember, the drama and interactions from the previous casts was 95% participated with Mark - so while we're going to be giving Dave, Will and Allysa more screen time, Mark will always be there to give them a hard-time. It's just who he is. He'd do it even if we told him not too.

Ultimately, thanks for watching and providing your constructive thoughts. As you may know, we make the show independently and we own the intellectual property unlike most car restoration shows that are made soley by the network. We have the unique pleasure of changing, morphing, and evolving the show with each season. We appreciate your support.

typical

The new format is an improvement. Dave, Will, and Alyssa add a wonderful change and flavor to the show. Dave explains things clearly for a novice/non mopar viewer to grasp. Will does the same but his humor is enjoyable and tasteful to watch and listen to. Alyssa also brings an enjoyable humor that is tasteful and sidetracks the guys/viewers in a good way for entertainment purposes.

As Donny stated above. Marks just rubs you the wrong way. People in general do not want to associate with someone that behaves like he does. So more of the cars, more of the staff and very little Mark, improves the show greatly.

So producer? Here is a viewer suggestion for a future episode(which I stated before). Since you guys throw the OEM term out like it is candy. Let us see you produce a true OE restoration and take it to the OE gold judging.......Now that would be a season to watch!

Also, remember that no one watched OCC when Junior left - even with Sr and Jr producing fantastic bikes! People watch to watch people and the interactions we have; and if they're dysfunctional but functioning then that's the golden recipe! Look at the decades long success of Howard Stern and his crew, he stuck with them and they him! Gary his producer aka Baba Booey has provided thousands of hours of entertainment at his own expense with Howard berating him and beating him down! I'm still listening today, and I started in 1982! I promise Mark Worman is not savvy enough (from my observations) to have the success early OCC had and of course the aforementioned Stern show! The audience of GYC will shrink to a niche on the current path. History is my touchstone on this, all one has to do is observe.

Hey Donny, I don't think you're full of crap. As one of the producers of the show, we do look at everyone's feedback and we do our best to implement. The cast change was something unexpected and we had to deal with it quickly because it happened in the middle of a contracted 26 episode deal. So we went from Episode 14 having the old cast to suddenly Episode 15 being the brand new crew. If it felt like the Mark Worman show it was because we had to lean on him a lot because viewers only knew him - they didn't know these other new guys. That's why if you are to watch the episodes back - to - back, I think you'd agree the show evolved to get you more familiar with the new team.

I agree there was far too much Mark in the show, even Mark thinks this. But now that we've gotten through the awkward phase of introducing these new technicians, and they have proven their worth with four classic Mopar restorations - the two new seasons we're shooting back to back will feature these cast members even more. Another thing to remember, the drama and interactions from the previous casts was 95% participated with Mark - so while we're going to be giving Dave, Will and Allysa more screen time, Mark will always be there to give them a hard-time. It's just who he is. He'd do it even if we told him not too.

Ultimately, thanks for watching and providing your constructive thoughts. As you may know, we make the show independently and we own the intellectual property unlike most car restoration shows that are made soley by the network. We have the unique pleasure of changing, morphing, and evolving the show with each season. We appreciate your support.

I enjoy the show very much. As far as a Auto resto show it is BY FAR the most informative. I was surprise to see the new cast, but I have come to like the new cast. If anyone rubbed me wrong it was Darren. I think Mark is just funny. #Keep GYC going!!

Did anyone see the self-serving promotional plug for a crowd funding deal ?
to "allegedly" make GYC's a far better show ?
@ the end of last episode of the 70 Hemi Charger...

Auto Transport Service
Back