• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz Fall 2015

So producer? Here is a viewer suggestion for a future episode(which I stated before). Since you guys throw the OEM term out like it is candy. Let us see you produce a true OE restoration and take it to the OE gold judging.......Now that would be a season to watch!

To be honest, even if we wanted to, it's probably not going to happen. Unless we get a customer that wants that, we'll probably continue forward the way we are in terms of the kind of car we produce. Yes, Mark throws OE around a lot and my producers and I agree we need to clarify this in the upcoming seasons. We need to basically say that the shop does its best to replicate the "look" of OE, unless of course the customer requests otherwise. Some of the customers want modifications to make the car a daily driver etc.

To be honest, even if we wanted to, it's probably not going to happen. Unless we get a customer that wants that, we'll probably continue forward the way we are in terms of the kind of car we produce. Yes, Mark throws OE around a lot and my producers and I agree we need to clarify this in the upcoming seasons. We need to basically say that the shop does its best to replicate the "look" of OE, unless of course the customer requests otherwise. Some of the customers want modifications to make the car a daily driver etc.

Well said, still love that avatar!!!

I was wondering about that "crowd funding"...WTF...So now not only does the show get $$$$$$ from the customer and Velocity, they want US to give them $$ to do the crap they do??? Now that is a great deal for someone...count me OUT!

More less high profile cars! If I see another purple charger or yellow one or a freaking challenger of any kind next season its over! good grief man build some A body's and some other non e bodys.

I finally watched the show again since they got rid of Darren and Josh, way better! I actually set the DVR to record it again and surprisingly enjoy the show now.... who would have thought.

As one of the producers of the show, we do look at everyone's feedback and we do our best to implement.

I think you have a good thing going with the new crew but I would try to mix in some different things like mopar events and actual driving; it can't be all restoration, break it up a little. Don't be afraid to get more invested in Dave, Will, and Allysa and I also like the background stories on the owners.

I had been on contact with one of the handlers for the show a while back about getting my car on, they gave me an address for Mark and asked me to submit some info but I never got anything back, probably because I was upfront about not having cubic dollars to pump into the project. haha If you want to feature one of the screen used Chargers from Burn Notice after the General Lee is done, send me a PM.

burnnotice4.jpg

Yes, Mark throws OE around a lot and my producers and I agree we need to clarify this in the upcoming seasons. We need to basically say that the shop does its best to replicate the "look" of OE, unless of course the customer requests otherwise.

Might you be able to elaborate on how you will be able to replicate the "look" of OE without doing an OE car? I always thought OE stood for "Original Equipment".

I was wondering about that "crowd funding"...WTF...So now not only does the show get $$$$$$ from the customer and Velocity, they want US to give them $$ to do the crap they do??? Now that is a great deal for someone...count me OUT!

I know it may seem like we should just be rolling in the dough - we make a TV show, we restore cars, we're rich! Well, that's the case when the network pays to have the show made, which is called a commission. That means the network owns the show, the intellectual property, make money from merchandise, and have complete control of the sale of advertising on the show. Because of all the rights the obtain and control they have, they pay high premiums to their talent and staff.

Our show is made independently - all the production staff including myself are passionate filmmakers who get paid very little in exchange to have all of the creative freedom over the show. We have fun with what we do, and seeing our hardwork on television is bigger than getting a big check that 40% goes to the government. When we made the season finale episode (it was sent to the network back in Oct.) we needed funds to help update the infrastructure of the production equipment. Tripods, cameras, jibs - you know, essential stuff to make a better season.

And because that we control the creativity with the show, and have aligned with some incredible vendors because of this, we were going to provide some awesome perks to those who donated.

Anyways, it doesn't matter because we had a network deal come through that helps with the infrastructure upgrades and so we canceled it. But all the perks we accumulated are being handed out as gifts to our newsletter subscribers for free. No donation required.

So, yeah, hopefully that clears the air.

And just so you know, I can't say how much money Velocity gives us for the show, what I can say is we make about 12% of what we should make to cover the budget of making the show. It's only because of the car restorations that help us get out of the red.

- - - Updated - - -

Might you be able to elaborate on how you will be able to replicate the "look" of OE without doing an OE car? I always thought OE stood for "Original Equipment".

For example, Mark doesn't actually put cosmoline on the vehicles. He has his own mixture of paint to create the "look" of cosmoline.

- - - Updated - - -

[/QUOTE]
For example, Mark doesn't actually put cosmoline on the vehicles. He has his own mixture of paint to create the "look" of cosmoline.[/QUOTE]

In judging the actual category for that is "Over Restored" lets be accurate here and inform the public appropriately

- - - Updated - - -
In judging the actual category for that is "Over Restored" lets be accurate here and inform the public appropriately

Mark has said on the show a few times about the cosmoline, so the public (owners and viewers) should be aware.

Mark has said on the show a few times about the cosmoline, so the public (owners and viewers) should be aware.
"Should" is the key point.............If the lay person is unaware then they believe what they see is correct.......Sad!

Thanks for pointing that out

In their defense, how many car shows truly get it right? I think that the quality has improved as the seasons have gone on, and I would peg the restos as being as close as you'd want to get to perfection and still be able to drive the thing. The next level only leaves you with a nice paper weight that never sees the open road. They aren't using NOS parts but they do seem to use both good original and higher end repop parts, and they put a lot of effort into cars that would have been scrapped even 10 years ago. Thank God for AMD.

"Should" is the key point.............If the lay person is unaware then they believe what they see is correct.......Sad!

Thanks for pointing that out

I don't think the" lay person" gives a **** about being 100% OEM they tune in to see some cool Mopars, and believe me the owners of the cars know exactly what they are getting!

I don't think the" lay person" gives a **** about being 100% OEM they tune in to see some cool Mopars, and believe me the owners of the cars know exactly what they are getting!

As I told you before you are welcome to take your erroneous comments to PM's....trust me I would thoroughly enjoy it....

When a bias exists due to a financial/business relationship those comments from those people mean......I will use your term above, ****!

Come one big boy lets pm this debate out!! Otherwise piss off and stop trolling me!

I have no interest in talking to you one on one..I am just commenting on a post I see which is what I thought these forums were for! So your car is 100% OEM???

- - - Updated - - -

As I told you before you are welcome to take your erroneous comments to PM's....trust me I would thoroughly enjoy it....

When a bias exists due to a financial/business relationship those comments from those people mean......I will use your term above, ****!

Come one big boy lets pm this debate out!! Otherwise piss off and stop trolling me!

I have no interest in talking to you one on one..I am just commenting on a post I see which is what I thought these forums were for! So your car is 100% OEM???

I have several..... Along with that to answer your question, Yes.....

My cars and not in question here nor will I disclose what I have in totality. That is just a childish ploy that would definitely put your foot in your own mouth.

I don't need my ego stroked....

Since your not going to PM's. I am kindly asking you to refrain from trolling me....be a gentleman and listen.

I have several..... Along with that to answer your question, Yes.....

My cars and not in question here nor will I disclose what I have in totality. That is just a childish ploy that would definitely put your foot in your own mouth.

I don't need my ego stroked....

Since your not going to PM's. I am kindly asking you to refrain from trolling me....be a gentleman and listen.

Trolling? I see you running your mouth on a bunch of different threads,I don't comment. Maybe one day I'll sell my car that was done by GYC and buy 2 or 3 of ones like yours!

Trolling? I see you running your mouth on a bunch of different threads,I don't comment. Maybe one day I'll sell my car that was done by GYC and buy 2 or 3 of ones like yours!
Still not listening.....its a shame but you are associated with GYC. Why would I expect different?

Btw you don't know what I own and never will but your not the only one with a hemi car......

Throw your childish digs all you want, you are no different than the guy who restored your car but the apple doesn't fall from the tree does it now....

As far as forums go I can do what I want, when I want. As long as I abide by the rules, so your point is what, your buthurt?

I am sure you will respond to this yet again to try to troll more but I will not reply back.

PM me for the future or stop trolling...:tongue9:

Auto Transport Service
Back