• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Graveyard Carz Fall 2015

I have no interest in talking to you one on one..I am just commenting on a post I see which is what I thought these forums were for! So your car is 100% OEM???

- - - Updated - - -

I have no interest in talking to you one on one..I am just commenting on a post I see which is what I thought these forums were for! So your car is 100% OEM???

I thoroughly wish this "CLOWN"/Nation would just go the "FOOK" away. The incessant "MeMe" I am better and more knowledgeable than anyone on the Planet when it comes to Restorations, OEM and the likes is really getting to be Sophomoric in its/his assertions and profundity. Unfortunately when he uses the word 'trolling' he is really claiming that he himself is a "Troll"!!! You may be the "big resto man from Texas" but like most things that come out of that State, as well as his "pie hole", they are way over inflated with bravado. Sorely lacking of substance. He has never had a kind word for anything on this Board whether it be our cars or what GYC is attempting to do. He needs to just be quiet and put a sock in it period...cr8crshr/Tuck

I thoroughly wish this "CLOWN"/Nation would just go the "FOOK" away. The incessant "MeMe" I am better and more knowledgeable than anyone on the Planet when it comes to Restorations, OEM and the likes is really getting to be Sophomoric in its/his assertions and profundity. Unfortunately when he uses the word 'trolling' he is really claiming that he himself is a "Troll"!!! You may be the "big resto man from Texas" but like most things that come out of that State, as well as his "pie hole", they are way over inflated with bravado. Sorely lacking of substance. He has never had a kind word for anything on this Board whether it be our cars or what GYC is attempting to do. He needs to just be quiet and put a sock in it period...cr8crshr/Tuck
I am not the best and I am not the most knowledgeable, never once stated that nor thought that..... But I know the difference between a true OE and one that is not.....if that hurts your manhood, oh well...

Also I would beg to differ on your kind word assertion.... Maybe if you were smart enough to search my previous posts here on other topics it would clearly contest your remark....since you don't know how to click on my name and search previous posts...even a third grader can do that...

As far as Texas...I am damn proud to be a Texan and would never deny that....but children rip on states of residence because that's their own insecurities..

You are also welcome to take this to pms since it is not needed in this thread....

I read all these threads and always have to ponder whether or not to post in them because each side is very passionate about their point. Even when I watch Mark say OE this and OE that and then make so many rookie mistakes on cars I've come to this forum and asked owner's that are active in the posts to explain how this or that was corrected in the end and they then get on the defensive instead of providing information.

I look forward to watching the show but cringe a few times per episode and that's just poor. There are many people in the world that think he is actually a Mopar God and that is just poor. If he would have just come on the scene a bit more humble these discussions would have no merit.
Twice this past season I took my car to local shows only to hear someone say WOW that's just like a GYC car. It makes me want to light my car on fire and take up stamp collecting.
Ron

Show the information, tell the back story, have some fun and the people will come to look at shiny objects.

I am not the best and I am not the most knowledgeable, never once stated that nor thought that..... But I know the difference between a true OE and one that is not.....if that hurts your manhood, oh well...

Also I would beg to differ on your kind word assertion.... Maybe if you were smart enough to search my previous posts here on other topics it would clearly contest your remark....since you don't know how to click on my name and search previous posts...even a third grader can do that...

As far as Texas...I am damn proud to be a Texan and would never deny that....but children rip on states of residence because that's their own insecurities..

You are also welcome to take this to pms since it is not needed in this thread....

Well I'll Be A Suck Egg Mule!!!! I should have been a little more thorough in searching out your many numerous posts and comments. Unfortunately, they are mostly ancient History but still I should have because then I would have had a better understanding of how you actually "Tick" instead of "Tock". And...Thank you for the invite to "PM" but to me that is only a way out for you as opposed to discussing areas directly on the Forums. But it is what it is I guess. Perhaps offering some concrete facts more readily would suffice on the topics. It would surely satisfy my curiosity in regards to your assertions as I am sure others would also appreciate. As for "ripping" Texans and Texas as a whole? I ain't no "Child" and have spent many a time both as a visitor and stationed in and living within the Great State of Texas. And you know what? There still is an awful lot of "macho bravado" that flows out of many a Texan's mouth. Not all mind you but quite a few. and it has nothing to do with "insecurities" but rather an inquisitiveness as to what makes them be so boisterous...cr8crshr/Tuck

Well I'll Be A Suck Egg Mule!!!! I should have been a little more thorough in searching out your many numerous posts and comments. Unfortunately, they are mostly ancient History but still I should have because then I would have had a better understanding of how you actually "Tick" instead of "Tock". And...Thank you for the invite to "PM" but to me that is only a way out for you as opposed to discussing areas directly on the Forums. But it is what it is I guess. Perhaps offering some concrete facts more readily would suffice on the topics. It would surely satisfy my curiosity in regards to your assertions as I am sure others would also appreciate. As for "ripping" Texans and Texas as a whole? I ain't no "Child" and have spent many a time both as a visitor and stationed in and living within the Great State of Texas. And you know what? There still is an awful lot of "macho bravado" that flows out of many a Texan's mouth. Not all mind you but quite a few. and it has nothing to do with "insecurities" but rather an inquisitiveness as to what makes them be so boisterous...cr8crshr/Tuck
Thanks again for the comic relief....

Don't you have better things to do in retirement than to bully new members...btw I did not know that posting anything that fits your derranged ideas was a requirement here......

Does every member here post? Does every member post what others want to hear? Does members post useful or useless information?

That list can grow and grow.....Do you even know the definition of a forum....

Get over it! Control your own forum and your own life and grow up!

We can go to pms because it is not needed here and against forum rules. Your choice or go TUCK off!

Thanks again for the comic relief....

Don't you have better things to do in retirement than to bully new members...btw I did not know that posting anything that fits your derranged ideas was a requirement here......

Does every member here post? Does every member post what others want to hear? Does members post useful or useless information?

That list can grow and grow.....Do you even know the definition of a forum....

Get over it! Control your own forum and your own life and grow up!

We can go to pms because it is not needed here and against forum rules. Your choice or go TUCK off!

OUCH!!! Now my self esteem is hurting. You have painted a pic of me that I am sure will affect me for the rest of my life. OH!!! What am I going to do now??? You are a meanie!!!!! I am taking my toys and go home because you play way too rough for this retired Ol' Man. Time for my Geritol and Meds as I seem to have slipped that slipper slop and crossed into never never land. Just wait though as your time will come a lot sooner than you expect young Pup...cr8crshr/Tuck

Back on topic please before someone closes the whole thread....unless that's what y'all want.

Guys & GYC producers, Just agree to disagree

Opinions vary vastly,
Obviously, people have their own likes & dislikes,
skill levels & personal experiences too,
just like opinions, everyone has one & is entitled to it too,
not just one sided, pro or con...

You don't have to agree, it's their opinions & thoughts, nothing more or less...

Some are just constructive criticisms too, need to be approached
& taken as such...

It shouldn't be personal...

Just agree to disagree...

The personal attacks but many of you need to stop right now. One more, and this thread will be closed.....

Obviously, people have their own likes & dislikes, skill levels....

Some Shops advertise that they do the "best" restoration work but their actions are deceitful regarding those claims. Below is such an example. The written commentary and the photos contradict one other. This particular Shop says that they "mimic" the processes used by the Factory to identify Piston sizes before painting the Engine block. They assert that they applied the white lettering on the Engine Block before it was painted. Anyone can clearly see that the letters were applied AFTER it was painted. Notice the lettering configuration on the Engine Block before paint, versus how they appear after paint. They painted the letters on the Block prior to spraying it orange, realized that the white lettering was completely covered by the orange color and then repainted them again (over the orange paint) so they would show.

In the picture showing the Block painted, you'll also see that the letters have been transposed. Before the orange was sprayed they read AABA. After the orange was applied they read AB??. (You can't read the last two letters because the steering linkage is in the way.) They incorrectly manipulated the process! They wanted the letters to show up so they painted them over the orange Engine paint and then sprayed more orange to lightly cover the white lettering. The evidence CLEARLY shows this by the fact that you can see solid orange paint around the edges of the white lettering and especially in the small triangle of the "A". It's impossible for these characteristics to appear as they do when the process is done correctly. Their commentary claims that they did it just like the Factory did it.......OE correct! Dishonesty appears to be a consistent theme for certain restoration Shops.

01.jpg

02.jpg

For example, Mark doesn't actually put cosmoline on the vehicles. He has his own mixture of paint to create the "look" of cosmoline.

Ok, so why does he claim to put out the "Best OE Cars" when he isn't doing things to the OE standard? Yes, I understand that you build cars for people the way that the customer wants them and I totally get that. But to keep touting that he is the best of the best is certainly absurd as he has no backing to prove it.

Last edited:
Thanks doctor professor budnicks lmao

Opinions vary vastly,
Obviously, people have their own likes & dislikes,
skill levels & personal experiences too,
just like opinions, everyone has one & is entitled to it too,
not just one sided, pro or con...

You don't have to agree, it's their opinions & thoughts, nothing more or less...

Some are just constructive criticisms too, need to be approached
& taken as such...

It shouldn't be personal...

Just agree to disagree...

- - - Updated - - -

FYI - I still like the show, :) they are listening and adding some of our suggestions, and I'm sure will ad more. Just get more non E & B body cars are there! I fear since these may be out of Mark's and Royals wheelhouse they are scared to attempt one lmao Yes calling you guys out! lol

Let's not forget prior to GYC we had shows where GM morons were taking a torch to torsion bars because they couldn't figure out how to take them out properly!! Give the show a break, if you have enough money to get the highest award possible from one of the fancy pants concors events like wayne the weenie corini does on his show then you don't need the blue collar show like GYC so step off and let the rest of us who like the show have our thread and eat it to! Go away haters!!

Peace.

The personal attacks but many of you need to stop right now. One more, and this thread will be closed.....

Well I guess I am one of the ones to blame here. Didn't think I stepped too far out of line. But if I have according to the Forum rules then I take full responsibility for the infractions. Wish others here would do so as well. But that is not up to me. Great site, great people, and a great leader. Thanks Joey. I'll keep trying as best I can...cr8crshr/Tuck

01.jpg

Since this thread has now taken a turn, I'll take the blonde ABBA babe

abbapic.jpg

agnetha77colourized1nv5.jpg

agfrconc2.jpg

Yeah, I know that the letters are off a bit, but this thread needs some cheesecake.

Richard,

I think the before and after pics are the same engine with the one pic being in primer and the other being fully painted. Why letters changed designating the bore size, I don't know. Sloppy error, desired look not achieved so they had to redo something, or maybe after they built the engine decided to TIG weld up the bore and make the bore a little smaller. lol.

Besides, there are other inconsistencies on that engine other than the lettering issue !

I think the before and after pics are the same engine with the one pic being in primer and the other being fully painted. Why letters changed designating the bore size, I don't know. Sloppy error, desired look not achieved so they had to redo something, or maybe after they built the engine decided to TIG weld up the bore and make the bore a little smaller. lol.

Correct. The letters in the top picture were covered with orange paint after they had primed the Engine. When they painted the Block, they realized that they covered the "see through lettering" feature that they were trying to reproduce. When the lettering didn't show up, they simply re-applied them over the orange paint and then hit them with a light orange over-spray. This messed up the entire process! Letters were even transposed during their flawed process. Had they been applied and the Block painted correctly (there's also way too much coverage and they were also painting from the underneath, or from a stand that had the Engine turned upside down) the letters would have possibly been seen as they did on Factory painted Engines.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Seems like the engine wasn't the only thing they messed up when they were painting ! I seem to recall other body parts that were painted incorrect paint patterns too!

Auto Transport Service
Back