• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

greasy wax?

Cornpatch MO

Local time
3:41 PM
Reaction score
I applied McQuires(sp) professional grade yellow wax liquid. Supposedly their best. I applied (in the shade), it dried, I buffed it off with a micro fiber towel. It looks greasy . You can rub it with your finger and a mark will be left. Looks like the wax isn't dry. More buffing doesn't help. Am I doing something wrong, or is this stuff mostly advertising and not all that good? Also anything that will lessen swirl marks?
My car is red, and I can't think it would do a good job on black at all. What should I use , fairly common to find, that will leave the surface dry and clean with a deep shine?
BTW their quick detailer spray does the same thing. ..........................MO

I use UltraLuster. I've been using it for 12 years. Nothing on the market works any easier, lasts longer or shines better. Tint on your windows? No problem using UltraLuster in it too .
www.ultraluster.com

Mo - on both my black cars I use meguiars carnuba wax it works great easy to apply and to wipe off to a brilliant shine. Were you using the synthetic wax? I have used the turtle wax synthetic ONCE and I'll never use it again it was almost impossible to wipe off, it took hours! I would say try to spray it off with your pressure washer. As for the swirl marks hit the car with a clay bar and a good wax. That's the method I use for both my cars.

IMG_1671.JPG

You might want to try a product called Brito. It's supposed to make old bodies new.

I recently used a wax called blue ice. Crap did the same thing. Nasty greasy build up. I washed it off with a heavy detergent and went back to mothers.

I would contact Meguiars and see what they have to say.
http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/
I did contact them , Not much help. They did say the pro grade yellow wax is as good or better than their Carnuba. They suggested I use a foam applicatoer pad rather than terry cloth app. pad. They asked about the humidity and should wait 3-5 minutes before wiping off with micro-fiber. They did NOT say to use a different brand of wax. ..LOL...........................MO

I applied McQuires(sp) professional grade yellow wax liquid. Supposedly their best. I applied (in the shade), it dried, I buffed it off with a micro fiber towel. It looks greasy . You can rub it with your finger and a mark will be left. Looks like the wax isn't dry. More buffing doesn't help. Am I doing something wrong, or is this stuff mostly advertising and not all that good? Also anything that will lessen swirl marks?
My car is red, and I can't think it would do a good job on black at all. What should I use , fairly common to find, that will leave the surface dry and clean with a deep shine?
BTW their quick detailer spray does the same thing. ..........................MO
Mo....Nu-Finish in the orange bottle available @ any pepboyz, kragen etc. A polymer teflon That wipes on, let air dry & buff off. Use new microfibres, constantly turning towels. Easy Peasy, will not wash out with soap & water like waxes, good UV protection. Twice a year is all that's needed. Kicks down a lot of color & it's under 10.00 a bottle. I've been using it since it came out in 80's, has never failed me. It's consistently rated a # 1 product by Consumer Guides ever since its debut. I use it on aircraft acrylics (windshields/windows)as a final finish as well. NEVER a problem.

Wax it as you did, but apply imperial hand glaze to get it perfect.
You can apply it in direct sunlight, it helps to see what your doing.
1 panel at a time. Wipe on a good layer, then buff off with soft cloth.
It comes off very easy.
25 years painting cars it is the best "final step" there is.

I've been happy with Meguiar's NXT.

"Also anything that will lessen swirl marks?"
Maguiar's Mirror Glaze

I had the same problem with the same product

Auto Transport Service
Back