• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grille / headlight alignment

JHCain

Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
Any tips / tricks for lining up the magnificent grille on my '66? The passenger side looks about right, but the drivers side is wonky - just a little off, but it's very noticeable with all those little vertical lines...

Do I just start loosening bolts and wiggling things, or is there a recommended process?

Any tips / tricks for lining up the magnificent grille on my '66? The passenger side looks about right, but the drivers side is wonky - just a little off, but it's very noticeable with all those little vertical lines...

Do I just start loosening bolts and wiggling things, or is there a recommended process?
no trick... only logic, check your grill and adjust it... mine was really off and after correct adjustement =better than original Charger.jpg

I just finished doing the same thing on my 67.
Here's what I found:
All 5 pieces (center grille, h/l buckets and parking lights) have limited horizontal adjustment which should allow proper spacing and alignment across the grille width. There is no vertical adjustment.
Some issues to look for:
Prior front end damage improperly repaired by a body shop with no experience on these cars. Correct grille alignment is time consuming and some body shops just didn't do it right. The rotating bucket mounts and parking light mounts need to be damage free.
Be careful when loosening the lower parking light mount bolts. The housings are pot metal and the bolt may have seized, so use WD40 or equivalent and let it penetrate.
Removing the front bumper allows ready access to lower bolts and makes the whole process a lot easier.

Auto Transport Service
Back