• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ground Wire

I always put a ground hub next to the battery and run the small ground off the battery cable to it, ground everything in the engine bay to the hub.
I put one in the interior as well and ground it to the engine bay hub.

Do you have pictures of these ground hubs? Where did you get them?

That's the one, Summit has their own version which is identical and sometimes cheaper.

I found a black one on eBay for $19 shipped and taxed.

Now I've got to figure out where to put it, and where to run the ground wire for the ground hub.

There's a clear spot next to the master cylinder -

spot_4_ground_hub.JPG

From there I could either run a wire to the ground by the emergency brake, or drill a hole through the fire wall.

I wonder if there's a cheeky way to get the ground wire through that retainer for the firewall insulation? Could I pop the retainer out and drill that hole all the way through?

I prefer a distribution block like this. Easier to to make the connections cleaner, and easier to mount out of the way.

2512.png

There are a few like that on eBay. My question is, is the electrical capacity adequate? Where did you mount it? Where did you run the overall ground too and what size wire did you use?

I've got a couple other spots where I could use the round one if it's better to use the straight one under the dash.

Auto Transport Service
Back