• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Halp! Need the correct location of starter relay, 1974 RR 400

SureGrip

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:54 PM
Reaction score
Simple question (I hope).

What is the proper mounting location of the starter relay on a 1974 RR with a 400?

Some previous owner stripped a lot of stuff off the engine compartment, so I'm at a loss. It's been over 25 years since I messed with 73-74 cars so I'm a bit lost.

I've checked Google and only found one picture which has it at about the 11-12 o'clock position above the brake booster.

Thanks in advance!

That's where they go !
Thank you!

Any chance one of you 73/74 guys have any info on the correct routing of the underhood harnesses?

All the wiring under the hood has been stripped out and I'm getting all new harnesses, so I need a guide.

Some of it is obvious, but there are some routing questions.

Like, what is this thing?

RKVbcC6.jpg

RKVbcC6

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Interlock system RESET ( or override or bypass ) button :). The relay is actually the control box located underdash between glovebox and ashtray.

It’s a 74 and lates deal.

My first charger had one never knew what it was for just tossed it out !

Thank you guys!

The wiring diagram from MyMopar (FSM) sucks balls and only half the wires on my new harness match the diagram....the diagram doesn't even show that interlock and it's been 26 years, so I forgot what it even was. LOL

74 FSM shows the interlock system ( can't recall the page at this moment ). 74 diagram is more technical than earliers and harder to understand for those are not familiar with diagrams.

Maybe you got 73 harness?

My first charger had one never knew what it was for just tossed it out !

The reset button is just used in case of emergency ( system failure ) or mechanical fixes to not fasten the seatbelt working on engine bay. Maybe your car never needed to jump out the interlock, or was already modified

At the end the function of the reset button is link both yellow wires to jump out the cranking block feature if seatbelts are not fastened. This circuit remains cut while seatbelts are not fastened on the propper sequence.

Last edited:
Interlock start switch, page 73, coordenates 6-E

Interlock control box page 74, coordenates 11-D

Control buzzer page 75 coordenates 14-D

seatbelt and seats sensors harness diagram, full 76 page

Auto Transport Service
Back