• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone here used a 69 Camaro spoiler on their 68-70 Charger?

yo ,,,,MODS....if youre gonna start erasing....THEN ERASE EVERYTHING....K?

Why don't you find a way to bolt a set of "Rally" wheels on it too! Maybe a Cobra Mustang hood scoop? And a pair of Corvette side pipes!

yo ,,,,MODS....if youre gonna start erasing....THEN ERASE EVERYTHING....K?

Cool it , this is his thread , stay out of it . if you dont have anything positive to add.
. He never used profanity , I should have slapped you hard , be glad I didnt and stay out of this thread or I will .

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh !...tell ya what STUIE... i would like you to get ahold of the powers that be and send my check back to me if you would be so kind..i dont think i want to support a site that picks and chooses whats said by whom and what should not be said by whom. when i get my check returned,,,i will then return your b-body window stickers! have a wonderful day.. !

Looks like I missed some fun! I like the spoiler! If you don`t tell anyone, whos going to to know what its from?

Its more for aerodynamics then radiator flow. They're meant to cut down the amount of air going under the car, lowering the pressure zone under the car. Should give a more stable ride at higher speeds.

I'm not a big fan of the camaro ones, I think they're too short. I'd splice two together, for asthetics as well as ensuring that the air can't blow around the edges and get under the car anyway. More like the original in the MC add.

I was thinking about something like this earlier for my 68 Coronet, but I was thinking of adapting the chin spoiler from the Aussie Falcon XW GT.

pics-max-9910-441397-ford-falcon-xw-gt.jpg

Its a two piece, but nothing a little filler couldn't fix. It looks to be a good length (waiting to hear back about the actual length) and is a squarish design with a nice rounded tail off wrap-around. I think it should the squarer Coronet nicely.

Not sure when I'll get one but when I do I can report back, if people are interested.

i would hope being from da burgh, you'd have thicker skin than this...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh !...tell ya what STUIE... i would like you to get ahold of the powers that be and send my check back to me if you would be so kind..i dont think i want to support a site that picks and chooses whats said by whom and what should not be said by whom. when i get my check returned,,,i will then return your b-body window stickers! have a wonderful day.. !

Jesus D, this supposed to be is a fun and informative forum.

i think you may have takin' things a mite too far with dat other post.

Stuart showed a lot of discretion by not banning you outright.

i've been banned three times off this forum for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less. (not by said mod btw.) hence my title.

i hope your not serious bout turning your membership back...i've learned a lot from your old *** on this forum.

Yep, spoilers by randy, I have one of his on my list of must haves however he makes them for 68-69 RR not copied form another make or model. at least that I have ever seen.
http://www.spoilersbyrandy.com/Pages/6869Roadrunnerspoiler.aspx

I am on of those who would love nothing more than to have a pure car with all correct everything but unless I can win the lotto it aint happening for me(wife no worky +2 kids+house+3 cars+old parents+++++++++. so in the mean time I say build it for you and only you if you want to spoiler it up, decal it up, paint your engine bay black then knock your self out and have at it.

FWIW i think the spoiler is cool and functional...old road course GT vibe.

Attachments

• dodge-challenger-trans-am-02.jpg
    dodge-challenger-trans-am-02.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 307
  • olympia charger-lemans.jpg
    olympia charger-lemans.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 307
FWIW i think the spoiler is cool and functional...old road course GT vibe.

Two of my favorite cars, thanks Oddball, er, I mean Mario.

I like the spoiler I got from Randy, it's made out of steel as apposed to the plastic Camaro one. But, then, it's four times as expensive, too.

Yep, spoilers by randy, I have one of his on my list of must haves however he makes them for 68-69 RR not copied form another make or model. at least that I have ever seen.
http://www.spoilersbyrandy.com/Pages/6869Roadrunnerspoiler.aspx

Yeah I saw that, is the Coronet's bumper the same or very similar to the road runner tho? Reason I ask is, in those pic's it look's ALOT more wavy then the coronet.

If I tack one on, I want it to accent, not become a dominating feature of the front end. That's why I was thinking of the plainer XW spoiler. Most of it would be sitting and hidden so it would do its job without being in your face.

I am not throwing bait out there in the hopes that Tripod Dog takes a bite. I just post stuff that I think is cool or helpful. If everyone liked the same things, all cars would be the same color with the same equipment. I can appreciate the historical significance of a stock restoration, but I like to add some degree of personal mods to my cars. Nothing that i have done is irreversible. Nothing is dangerous. Sure, the wheels may not appeal to everyone, but I like them. I NEVER see a persons car and start off with..."Hey man, nice car, but what you SHOULD have done is..."
It is rude and ignorant to just jump in and start insulting a persons work. Even when I am asked my opinion, I sugar coat any criticism I may feel compelled to give. I'm willing to let the mans comments slide once or twice, but why should anyone be allowed to continue to bash another members ideas?
Obviously I am not the only one that likes to change things up. These are great cars as built, but I wanted my car to perform better than it did when new. It boggles my mind to find anyone that would berate me for that. Regarding the spoiler: I'll admit that I'm not expecting to see any aero benefits from the install. I won't be doing 211 mph at Daytona! I like the appearance as well as the way it will hide some of the underbody components. I do not have a cooling problem, so the additional airflow through the radiator isn't my goal. The vintage NASCAR look IS pretty cool, though.

Kant wez all just git along? Im sure all of our cars were modified at some point in time before we aquired them that would have been to our disliking(the late 70s).But its nothing that cant be changed back if thats the way you want it. Everyone needs to put a few personal touches on their car. If not,you see 1 you`ve seen them all.

Wow. I was able to read that withOUT my reading glasses!

where do i get one for my 68 charger looks sick

I bought mine from a store that sells restoration parts for Chevrolets.
I mounted the spoiler today. No pics yet, but the ends had to be supported with small struts to keep them steady. I had it up to 100 tonight and it stayed on the car!

Auto Transport Service
Back