• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone here used a 69 Camaro spoiler on their 68-70 Charger?

I bought mine from a store that sells restoration parts for Chevrolets.
I mounted the spoiler today. No pics yet, but the ends had to be supported with small struts to keep them steady. I had it up to 100 tonight and it stayed on the car!

Are you using the center brace on the spoiler also?

Center brace?
I bought the spoiler bare, without any braces. I made the end struts myself. The center is pretty rigid, since it comes to a point.

Center brace?
I bought the spoiler bare, without any braces. I made the end struts myself. The center is pretty rigid, since it comes to a point.

On the Camaro spoiler (in the original application) they use three braces. One on each end and a longer one just off of the center point. They tend to droop after time without them.

Mine shouldn't be able to droop. I have a bolt going through the flange in the center. I'll post pics soon.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh !...tell ya what STUIE... i would like you to get ahold of the powers that be and send my check back to me if you would be so kind..i dont think i want to support a site that picks and chooses whats said by whom and what should not be said by whom. when i get my check returned,,,i will then return your b-body window stickers! have a wonderful day.. !

There are rules on this forum you break the rules you get punished , I guess my mistake was to just give you a warning and a friendly suggest to leave this guy alone and stay out of his posts if you dont like them . Extreme profanity and jumping all over other forum members will get you in trouble every time . I rarely ever have a problem with people on here and hope you decide to stick around and be a positive part of our community here . Sorry it took me so long to reply I have been out of town the last couple of days .

Noooooo dog don't leave.........

I AINTA LEEEEEVIN BIGMAN....that would make too many people happy and i just cant have that.

altho i will say to STUIE THE MOD....and then ill drop it.... ah forgettit.....not worth the freekin effort!...

I AINTA LEEEEEVIN BIGMAN....that would make too many people happy and i just cant have that.

altho i will say to STUIE THE MOD....and then ill drop it.... ah forgettit.....not worth the freekin effort!...

I have to bite my tongue all the time , I commend you for doing so now . :headbang:

Jesus D, this supposed to be is a fun and informative forum.

i think you may have takin' things a mite too far with dat other post.

Stuart showed a lot of discretion by not banning you outright.

i've been banned three times off this forum for waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less. (not by said mod btw.) hence my title.

i hope your not serious bout turning your membership back...i've learned a lot from your old *** on this forum.

I remember one time when you got a week off for a pic that was too revealing! Now look what pics you can post!

Sorry Greg for stepping on your thread. I couldn't help myself. Hope we haven't "Spoiled" it. There I go again... Good luck with your "add on"

Sometimes Tpod writes like Doc Fiberglass.
Doppleganger???

Pics finally resized.....

Attachments

• DSCN1391.jpg
    DSCN1391.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN1392.jpg
    DSCN1392.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN1395.jpg
    DSCN1395.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 308
  • DSCN1396.jpg
    DSCN1396.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 330
I have one on my 73 Roadrunner and really like the look.

Attachments

• 73 RR 500 Stroker.jpg
    73 RR 500 Stroker.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 334
Guys,

I am looking at adding a front spoiler (air dam; chin spoiler) for the purposes of cutting airflow under the car during a road rally that I am building toward. That WILL require sustained speeds of 100+ over a course of about 100 miles. Reduced lift is good. Increased cooling is good (though maybe not necessary to ADD airflow at that speed). AND I like the old-school NASCAR look.

So anyway: Why can I find a front spoiler for nearly every Mopar on the planet BUT a 1970 Roadrunner? Randy sells 100 spoilers - for every other year of car end every other 1970 - but not a 1970 Roadrunner! What's so special about MY bumper that no one will build a spoiler for it?

Thanks

I've had one of those cheapo $39 or so ABS Camaro re-pop spoilers on my 74 Road Runner for several months now and it's held up great. My plan was to see how well the ABS would fit and last before spending money on a steel one, but the plastic one has held up just fine. No warping, cracks, or other defects.

I mounted mine at a different angle than the ones on the other cars in this string. Mine is further forward and at a shallower angle.

DSC07429.jpg

What I have found very interesting is this spoiler does alter the aerodynamics of the car. I would get in my car and usually not really look at the rearview mirror until I got onto the Buckmann Bridge and had to cross over two lanes of traffic. That's when I always noticed my mirror was a little off and I would adjust it to where I could see the whole rear window. Then at lunch I would get in the car and look in the mirror to back up and see it was off again. Same seat, same mirror, same me, so why was I always having to adjust the mirror? Then it hit me that I was setting the mirror while stopped, and when doing 70 or so on the bridge, and the angle of attack of the car was being changed by the spoiler. Not a lot, but enough to throw the mirror off a bit.

I've had one of those cheapo $39 or so ABS Camaro re-pop spoilers on my 74 Road Runner for several months now and it's held up great. My plan was to see how well the ABS would fit and last before spending money on a steel one, but the plastic one has held up just fine. No warping, cracks, or other defects.

I mounted mine at a different angle than the ones on the other cars in this string. Mine is further forward and at a shallower angle.

DSC07429.jpg

What I have found very interesting is this spoiler does alter the aerodynamics of the car. I would get in my car and usually not really look at the rearview mirror until I got onto the Buckmann Bridge and had to cross over two lanes of traffic. That's when I always noticed my mirror was a little off and I would adjust it to where I could see the whole rear window. Then at lunch I would get in the car and look in the mirror to back up and see it was off again. Same seat, same mirror, same me, so why was I always having to adjust the mirror? Then it hit me that I was setting the mirror while stopped, and when doing 70 or so on the bridge, and the angle of attack of the car was being changed by the spoiler. Not a lot, but enough to throw the mirror off a bit.

Your comment especially Bruzilla, and this thread overall, has been pretty interesting as I'd never realized these spoilers actually had an effect on the street (read interstate driving). I always thought they were just about looks on street driven cars.

I'm sorry for the non-helpful post, but I just HATE seeing a thread with 69 Camaro in the title. Kill this thing already lol

Auto Transport Service
Back