• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone purchased a new gas can lately?

I ran out of Fuel when we first boat our one boat. Luckily there was a bunch of us up at the lake. Had a friend run up to the one store on the lake and he bought a 2.5 gallon can for $39 so he could bring gas back to me.. Anyway it would not work, then some little "pen" spring fell out. I could not get the gas out so I rigged up a funnel made of paper plates and poured direct from the can. Thank God we brought lunch with us!! Any I really only used it a 1/2 of time since it would not let me get the gas out so I tried to return it once I arrived at the Dock. Guy inside told me it was used so he could not take it back and that was the last one he had so I was stuck with it. I came back all pissed off so my wife took it, walked in wearing a bikini and asked who she should speak with about returning this gas can and came back with a refund minutes later.....

On another note I do Property maintenance so I carry fuel all the time. Anyway these are the best gas cans/spouts available. As soon as you let go of the button is seals with no leaks unlike those long spouts that continue to pour gas out while you are trying to tilt the can back and get the spout up right to stop the flow...

IMG_0766.JPG IMG_0767.JPG

I guess that guy does not do any outdoor work.... 5 gallon is useful but a 2.2 gallon WTF every bottle I mix is either 1 gallon or 2.5 gallons for 2 cycle gas... Might be a good invention with an extremely poor execution....

I ran out of Fuel when we first boat our one boat. Luckily there was a bunch of us up at the lake. Had a friend run up to the one store on the lake and he bought a 2.5 gallon can for $39 so he could bring gas back to me.. Anyway it would not work, then some little "pen" spring fell out. I could not get the gas out so I rigged up a funnel made of paper plates and poured direct from the can. Thank God we brought lunch with us!! Any I really only used it a 1/2 of time since it would not let me get the gas out so I tried to return it once I arrived at the Dock. Guy inside told me it was used so he could not take it back and that was the last one he had so I was stuck with it. I came back all pissed off so my wife took it, walked in wearing a bikini and asked who she should speak with about returning this gas can and came back with a refund minutes later.....

On another note I do Property maintenance so I carry fuel all the time. Anyway these are the best gas cans/spouts available. As soon as you let go of the button is seals with no leaks unlike those long spouts that continue to pour gas out while you are trying to tilt the can back and get the spout up right to stop the flow...

View attachment 715948 View attachment 715949
What's the secret brand of the spout? :D

https://www.midlandhardware.com/105595.html

"NO Spill" is the brand. Best one I found as I don't like smelling like gas for the whole day or dump it all over while working on people's properties/driveways. I don't know if they make them for other cans or not as that is the brand gas cans I have....
Forgot to ask, will they fit most plastic gas cans?

I guess our Canadian Walmarts have all the old style cans. Not supposed to be sold up here either, but they still do. I was desperate for 30 old style 5 gallon cans for camp 100LL for the airplane and everyone only had the stupid self venting BS cans. Someone sent me to Walmart and low and behold... 10 bucks each. I left pushing 4 buggies.

Summer2012 001.JPG

I guess our Canadian Walmarts have all the old style cans. Not supposed to be sold up here either, but they still do. I was desperate for 30 old style 5 gallon cans for camp 100LL for the airplane and everyone only had the stupid self venting BS cans. Someone sent me to Walmart and low and behold... 10 bucks each. I left pushing 4 buggies.

View attachment 716431

So that's where all the simple good gas cans went from the US!!!:lol:

So that's where all the simple good gas cans went from the US!!!:lol:
Apparently.. WTF is with "self venting" in a can. Anyone realize it still vents to the atmosphere in the end! LOL That said, I checked on line and apparently "no stock" anymore so I think I'd better take a trip to the local stores and see what I can buy up and bring to Talladega to resell at 5x the cost this Fall! :D

Hate the new ones bought some new fill spouts and they wouldn't fit the containers

When Dad burned the prunings/dead wood from his pear orchard oncer a year (back in the '60's) he used diesel fuel to start the fires.

Auto Transport Service
Back