• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hawkrod 'RoadKill' Cross Country Trip 2022

Sounds like a great trip you have planned out! Good luck, but keep in mind, a break down always makes the trip more memorable! I do hope you have smooth sailing the whole way, though!

RoadKIll?? Just remember they usually sleep in the car or on the ground!!!
We will be sleeping on the ground. We hope to camp more nights than not!
We ran out of time but were going to try and make a metal cooker that we could heat up a hot dog or burrito on the header (like RoadKill did once). Oh well. Maybe next time!

If you pass through that way, let me know as I'd like to meet up and hear stories from your journey. I'm assuming your retired? Or you have a career I need to switch to, lol. I'm excited for you. Can't wait to hear updates.
Sounds good - should be towards the end of our trip that we are in your neck of the woods..

I retired in July 2020 at 55, so yes, this gives me some extra time. I did take a month off work for my 2015 trip - that was a PITA to arrange all the elements I needed!

I'm dang near as excited about this as if I were going....
Be safe and Godspeed, sir! :thumbsup:

Just wrap the hotdog in foil and set it on. Might need to fashion a wire basket to hold it. I’ve done it before on a combine with slices of roast beef. Twenty minutes and I had hot beef on a bun.

Just wrap the hotdog in foil and set it on. Might need to fashion a wire basket to hold it. I’ve done it before on a combine with slices of roast beef. Twenty minutes and I had hot beef on a bun.
Now that's the kind of innovation we'll try to have on our trip! :thumbsup:

Mind you I was reheating the beef, not trying to cook.

We are on our way! Started just before noon.

Westward ho!

20220503_113436.jpg

And so it begins ! This will be an epic trip !! Have fun and stay safe....oh, and keep the rubber side down !

First day in the record books!

In 2015, we tried to stay on more scenic routes, and we are doing the same on this trip. So we meandered our way on small roads but we were hungry!

So our first stop was lunch.
IMG_4745.jpg

Victory brewing is a decent local brewery, so we stopped there for a quick lunch.

Then we drove some really nice Pennsylvania roads and ended up in Gettysburg. It is a really cool town and lots of neat history with the Civil War.
20220503_155941.jpg

The picture above us the Pennsylvania monument. Each state that sent soldiers put up a monument. They are all different, so they are cool to see.

After Gettysburg, we headed to Owen's Creek Campground in Maryland.
Now cooking steaks for dinner!

20220503_174020.jpg

20220503_181122.jpg

Tomorrow? Well, we'll start turning South. Who knows where we will end up?

The RoadKill Runner is on the move!!!
20220503_155436.jpg

How’s the car running. Probably the best riding car I’ve driven over the the years. Can’t beat that isolated K member.

I'll respond soon with pictures and how the car is running when we have a better connection. In the mean time, we are soliciting things to do in WV. Especially near the Charleston area.

Let us know where we should go!

20220504_083829.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back