• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Header tech help

PsyOps

Local time
8:54 PM
Reaction score
Please help me identify the following set of headers: from a 69 RR w/426 Hemi, stock suspension. They are raw steel, 2.125" pri, 4" collectors with the weld-on tabs to safety wire the headers tubes to the collector plus a 24" collector extension. No numbers anywhere to be found. I searched high & low but am unable to find a set with the pri/collector combination. Anyone have an idea? I was hoping these were commercially made but, if they are a custom set, they are very well done. I'll post pics in the next day or two.

Thank you sir. Are there Super Comp headers that are no longer in production? All I can find are headers with 3.5" collectors except for a few A-Body sets - and if they were on a 69 RR, I doubt they would also fit an A-Body.

Yes. I have a set of hooker super comp adjustables for 62-65 b-body wedge that went out of production decades ago. Three individual pipes (center pipes paired) and a slip on collector. They came with no flange for a street exhaust, but I welded on some flanges, and also to the extensions that came with them.
(2" pipe, 3 1/2 collector)
To be honest, I also have a pair with 2 1/4 pipe and a 4" collector also, but they were pure custom made (many years ago) and have no markings as to who made them (Marko custom headers, long out of business).

Hooker (super comp) adjustable (not the regular super comp one piece) for a big block chevy (still available) are 2 1/4" / 4". I suspect hooker adjustables for a hemi would be similar size.

Photos may help Identify them too, a bunch
:xscuseless:

lots of better mass-produced headers have removable collectors, with tabs
without exhaust flanges welded to them, in 3" 3-1/2" & 4"

someone could have also just changed the collectors too,
could be a mass-produced header, with different collectors & extension
on an 'Out of the box'/mass-produced set of competition-style headers
& then added the slide on/with tabs 24" extensions sounds like it to me

are they equal length tube/tuned headers ?
not very many mass-produced them

are the collectors a 4 into 1 style merged collectors ?
std deal
2-1/8" is sort of small for a 426cid race header
sort of like this style collector
Exhaust Collectors Hooker 4-1 slip on - hok-14752hkr_xl.jpg

or
are they
(4-2-1) 4 tubes into-2 tubes-1 large collector & welded on extension/tabs etc. ?
more custom deal/aftermarket collectors

Exhaust Flowmasters Scavenger Series Collectors C134218234.jpg

Last edited:
2-1/8" is sort of small for a 426cid race header

My 64 has the Hooker Super Comp 2 1/8" with 3 seperate tubes and a slip on 3 1/2" collector. In fact my son just bought a set. New in the box, coated for his 62. They certainly aren't decades old. Mine are 11 years old. I tried the merge style collectors this year (also 3 1/2") with no improvement. Does it need 4"? Maybe but it does pretty well with the small ones. Even at 580"
Doug

Last edited:
The header‘s that I believe Doug has is the Hooker adjustable race header #5320 and are still available. Just bought a new set last year.

Auto Transport Service
Back