• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

headlight noise

subforry

Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

As headlights roll over they make sound like a rusty bushing or old rubber bushing, basically a long squeak sound. I can hear it over the engine idling. Is this typical or do I need to oil/grease some parts?

Thanks

The only thing to be lubed really are the outer door bushings. On the motor side, it's planetarys within the motor unit itself. Probably dried out and shitty in there, might send them out for a rebuild time.

Had the same problem with mine. Bushing had come loose and needed to be placed back into position.

Center of the Dash, there's a item with a couple knobs... Grab the knob closer to you & turn it up.... Problem solving..... Another service we here at FBBO provide... :lol:

Could be the bushing, or the shaft coming out of the motor. I've got new bushings and I can rebuild your motors if needed. Do you have a service manual suppliment(66) or a service manual for the car(67)?

Auto Transport Service
Back