• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner help really needed please...

ramairthree

Reaction score
My 74 RR sunroof headliner was trashed.
The rear half was sort of intact, but so dry rotted looking at it, let alone touching it would turn it to dust.

042.jpg

I am using the original, undisturbed bow order and location after just pulling the dry rotted headliner off of them.

sunroofremoval001.jpg

I got a new one made from LAI.
Great service, fast, good price, and high quality. This is not a slam on them.

DSC00097.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

I did a test fit, for a dry run before final installation.
There is no where near enough stretch between the two bow seams. I am using the original, undisturbed bow order and location after just pulling the dry rotted headliner off of them.

I did put insulation above the bows, and also left the original rear tensioners in place after scrapping off the dust remnants of the original padding.

I THINK Legendary must have used the two bow measurement from the regular non-sunroof headliner. And to be honest, they were the only people that I saw that even listed a third gen B body sun roof headliner.

DSC00101.jpg

These bow holes cannot be used for a sun roof (the sun roof pan comes too low, that is why there are lower sun roof bow mount holes.

Now, with the original bows and their location

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

Before I contact legendary, I would love to double check with any other RR or Charger or Satty 73/74 sunroof owners.

A picture of your headliner, with a measurement between the seams would be of great help to me.

Thank you for any help. I know there is stretch in a head liner installation, but two or three inches out of nine or ten inches of material is way more than I can get.

Hi ram! I have my old sunroof liner in the basement. But I have been really busy. Would it help you if I pulled it out and measured the distance between ribs this weekend?

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Been really busy. On my headliner, the bows are 12" exactly, center-to-center. Has your issue been resolved yet? My headliner is out of the car, and ratty. But complete! I'm willing to let you borrow it to use a a template if needed. Let me know.

appreciate it scotts74.
I have been in contact with Legendary.
They issued me an RMA # and are mailing me a Fedex label.

Will see how it goes from here.

That extra three inches sounds just right from what I measured and very glad to here it from an actual headliner.

I think the non sun roof ones must be 9 inches,
and when they made my 2 bow sun roof one just used that measurement instead of the 12 inch two bow one.

Well, not such a great turn out.

LAI got back with me and refunded me, but say the template is not in there system and that they made the right one. He was nice and open to the possibility that the Charger and RR have a different one, but does recognize the bow holes in the pics are 12 inches apart, not 9, and that with the factory sunroof pan there is no room to put the headliner in the 5 bow non-sunroof holes.

He offerered to make a model and catalog it if someone has one good enough for him to measure and template, but also said that at the end of the day we are probably better off just having local places do one.

Anyways, just wanted to give that follow up.

The LAI 2 bow 73/4 sunroof B body headliner does not fit the RR, and he does not have the pattern.

I will gladly loan it out. But they, or Ramair have to pm me. Offer is still good, and I am happy to help.

That's OK, I am going to stop by a local place and see what they can offer. I appreciate it though.

That's OK, I am going to stop by a local place and see what they can offer. I appreciate it though.
How did you headliner go? I am looking for a 74 charger sunroof headliner myself. Can you help? Is there a shop with the correct template? Thanks!

Back