• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner Questions 70 Sport Sat

Thanks for all the help tips, tricks and advice and encouragement. You made this job actually very easy for me! The job came out fantastic and I couldn’t be happier. Even if I paid someone $500 to install it! Best thing as tight as a drum, here are some pics

IMG_9855.jpeg

IMG_9854.jpeg

IMG_9848.jpeg

IMG_9851.jpeg

IMG_9853.jpeg

IMG_9856.jpeg

IMG_9857.jpeg

So now when you're at a cruise night and someone bends down and looks at your headliner,
You'll have that warm fuzzy feeling that, Yeah, I did that! Now get rid of that dirty old lens
in your dome light!

No wrinkles is a trick and skill. Now if some of the members need help with installing theirs, they know who to call on. And best of all you do good work.:thumbsup::lol:

So now when you're at a cruise night and someone bends down and looks at your headliner,
You'll have that warm fuzzy feeling that, Yeah, I did that! Now get rid of that dirty old lens
in your dome light!
No way! That dirty old dome light is original and add character! There is a high power LED in there though! And its not dirty just yeller lol

Lay the headliner out on a clean surface and mark the centerline with white chalk, front and back.
Mark the roof centerline with two pieces of masking tape and a sharpie.
Put the bows in and hang the centered headliner by the two rear springs that are attached to the last bow.
Remove those clips that are at the front of the car. Those will be re-installed over the new headliner later.
Stretch and glue the headliner down front-to-back and side-to-side.View attachment 1540073View attachment 1540075View attachment 1540076
So while I have your interest guys this is my question on installation. I have it stretched out good and paper clipped in and almost no wrinkles.

What do I do next? How do I get the headliner spray on both surfaces without loosening or loosing my stretch?

View attachment 1542116
I did mine first time in my 72 Charger. No trim on yet. Only thing is I did not have any of those side clips. I can still get some and add them. Does interior trim cover them? The u tube installs that I looked at did not mention them. Great pic.

What I found is those clips on the side don’t really do nearly as much as what the glue does with respect to holding down the headliner. The clips needed adjustment depending on the thickness of the headliner. Also I compared the spray 3M headliner glue to the Weldbond Landau and there is no comparison on hold capability. Weldbond is far superior and as longevity is concerned Weldbond has nothing but good comments. I attribute my success to the Weldbond glue actually…..

Hey, whatever floats yer boat! The clips do their job and the glue does it's job. Once you snap
on the molding no one will know!

Auto Transport Service
Back