• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater A/C power connections

RobP

Local time
3:10 PM
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to install a Classic Auto Air A/C system into my factory A/C '69 Charger. The instructions say: "Locate the original wiring harness that supplied power to the OEM unit". I'm trying to figure out if I have the power wire that I'll need for the install. Before I removed the non functioning box, there were only 2 wires connected to it in the passenger compartment (the blower motor was connected to the harness in the engine bay). They were connected to the area in the first picture, which is under the unit on the passenger side. There is another connection in the second picture that wasn't used and I don't know what wires were used there. If it's the first connector then I'm all set.

Any idea if either of these connections are it?
2017-02-05 15.34.27.jpg
2017-02-05 15.34.34.jpg

According to the electrical instrument panel diagram.. for the belvedere/Satellite Which i know isnt your car. But Your left hand picture should have a Dark Blue and Brown wire. Coming from the air conditioner and heater vacuum switch. And the picture on the right is the heater blower motor resistor if I'm not mistaken.

Auto Transport Service
Back