• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heater box

green 66

Local time
9:58 PM
Reaction score
Could someone post a pic of what a 66 Belvedere heater box looks like please. I have one that was in the trunk when I bought the car,but don’t think it is the right one. Thanks

would this be it
s-l225.jpg
https://www.google.com/search?q=196...BAgEEAE&biw=1354&bih=647#imgrc=o2qUGr9BfHz1TM:

you said you had one in the trunk? this says 66,hit the http address,good luck.

I just googled it to find a pic. You could look on ebay or a member might have one for sale. Good luck.

the one on the far left is what you are looking for. there is a difference in the mold by the 2 defroster openings as compared to the later years shown on the right.
enhance.jpg

here is the bracket used for the heat control which is unique to 1966. there are other differences but these are the easiest to see. any questions let me know.
enhance.jpg

I have absolutely nothing to install heat in my Belvedere! I do believe it was an original a/c car because of the controls and vents in dash. Can’t afford the a/c but still would like to install correct heater box. If I am going to do repairs would like to do it the way the factory did it just for the next guy if I ever decide to sell.Any idea on price of a heater box and controls ? Thanks Mac

Last edited:
not totally familiar with 1966 b bodies, but for most late 60's the firewall is completely different depending on whether a/c or non a/c heater boxes were factory installed and are not interchangeable. now i would have to look but to find a heater box for an a/c car, if located, can be installed and have only the heat function work. with that being said the heater boxes i have shown are only for a non a/c car.

it would look like this example. as you will see the blower motor would project through the firewall. does your firewall have a hole to accommodate the blower motor? that would be the definitive sign for an a/c car.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-Mode...=item3b29629ac5:g:sc8AAOSwvEBbabCJ:rk:26:pf:0

Last edited:
if that is a pic of the cowl area, i would say that is where the fresh air vent would make contact from the main heater box. that is not the fire wall, correct?

Yes that’s the cowl area.Would I be missing a piece? I do have a hole in the firewall for a blower motor. The example you showed me is what I have

so definitely an a/c car. it is a more complicated assembly than a non a/c heater box where the fresh air vent is molded in the unit. i believe that the passenger side for you car would be separate. i can not find a good example of what you need.

that i am not 100% on that. i would think there would be a way to control fresh air or to recirculate air for cooling through the heater box assembly.

Auto Transport Service
Back