• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hello from Jacksonville, FL

67GTX440

Local time
11:33 PM
Reaction score
GTX.jpggtx engine2.jpggtx interior.jpggtx right side front wheel.jpggtx front.jpggtx engine 3.jpggtx rear.jpggtx straight on front.jpggtx engine.jpggtx3.jpggtx left side2.jpgI just bought a 67 GTX 440 and hope to begin some restoration to bring it back ti its prime. This seemed like a good spot for advice and parts sourcing. I hope to be an active contributer to the forum.

Right off the bat - anyone know a source for the 11 inch rear brake drums? The rear brake shoes put the hurt on mine and turning is no longer an option.

The red tape stripes are coming off and Magnum 500's are going on.

Thanks!

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
:shruggy:Am I missing something here. All I see is "hello from jacksonville fl. No poster no pic .... welllllll welcome unknown mopar...

Wow as soon as I posted this all these nice pic's showed up....:shruggy::sFun_doh2:

Now there's gone again... think I need to start drinkin:icon_jook::icon_jook::icon_jook:

I think this site is having some technical issues tonight! My post seems to come and go. Sometimes I see it and sometimes I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! I am coming back to a Mopar Muscle Car from the Viper world.

Not sure what is happening. I think I will try a first post again. A second first post, so to speak.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks like a "means business" drag racer.

Welcome to the site....Westside here....Baldwin is where we are at....

I think this site is having some technical issues tonight! My post seems to come and go. Sometimes I see it and sometimes I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm trying to fix it, but it's not working for me to good

They all have to go. I am not a fan of tape stripes and the white stripes on the edges of the red are totally incorrect! Not sure why their is blue plastic on the headlights and the top of the radiator is not painted. I think this is old school stuff I don't understand.

Didn't notice the white outline. Yeah thats gotta go also. Was your car born with the red stripes? Are the headlights just tinted blue with paint or is it some sort of lense/cover? I'm kinda a "Day 2" type guy and like period correct stuff. You got a beautiful car, just don't try to drive it like a Viper!LOL What size tires are you running in the rear and how much clearance do you have at the top of the wheel well? Might be interested in your wheels.

Pretty close by. You need to buy my wheels so I don't have to pack and ship!

- - - Updated - - -

Right across the river!

- - - Updated - - -

Every time I try to post it tells me site not responding!

- - - Updated - - -

Rears are too big for the GTX. Top edge of left rear tire just barely rubbing the inside of the quarter panel.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure why it is bunching all my replies into one.

- - - Updated - - -

Everything ending up here, regardless of whose post I respond to.

I didn't think 8" wheels would clear the wheelwell lip on a 67. I had to trim mine a little to clear 245/60/15 on 7" rim. But like I replied in your classified, they won't last, unless you are holding out for local pick up only. If you reply to your own post before someone else does it will automaticly put your response in the same post you previously made. If you are responding to a particular post, hit the reply with quote on that post you are responding to and it will repost that posting and you can reply to it. Again if nobody else posts after you, your replies will all appear in your last post as an update. Keep at it, you'll figure it out.

I run a 8" wheel, 4.5" back spacing. 30x12.5 Mickey Thompson ET Streets. Have around 3/4-1" spacing from the S/S springs in factory position and clear the fender well; this is on a 69' b body. Absolute largest tire you can fit on the car without moving springs or mini-tub. Not sure how much different the 67's are. How much room do you have from rim-spring? Rolling the fender lips isn't too difficult.. Depends on if you like roasting the tires or hooking up! :headbang:

Hello from down South in Tampa....As nice as the GTX looks it will look better when you add those Magnum 500's...

very nice car! i like that you are taking that one back to stock i have alway's had a soft spot for those. welcome to the site

Auto Transport Service
Back