• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help getting up and down

HMMMM something like that might work. Sit on it, lower yourself down , move over to a creeeper. Reverse to get back up again. Where did you get that?..............Thanks.................................MO

I bought it "nused" but they're for sale everywhere. Google "scissor lift". Mine is a Champion sold through MAC Tools. Its the cat's *** I tell ya!

I bought it "nused" but they're for sale everywhere. Google "scissor lift". Mine is a Champion sold through MAC Tools. Its the cat's *** I tell ya!
I edited and added to my post about your lift Thanks..............................MO

It folds flat to about 4" height so you can drive pretty much anything over it. It has a 6000 pound lift capacity.

Man, as a group I think we have a very high percentage of hip and knee replacements. I have my two replacement hips and two wearing knees. My salvation for twenty years has been a bed-rug pad. Mines' about 4'X8'. It slides well on concrete. About 1'' thick closed cell foam with a grey nylon hair like surface. Oil resistant and power washable at a car wash. Very easy on knees,hips and shoulders under and around car. I use smaller pieces for tire and brake work. Call these guys.http://www.midiowatruckaccessories.com/ in Ames Iowa. Super dudes and they stock it. This stuff makes my life a lot softer. (Still hurts the next day but I get it done) Dave.

Man, as a group I think we have a very high percentage of hip and knee replacements. I have my two replacement hips and two wearing knees. My salvation for twenty years has been a bed-rug pad. Mines' about 4'X8'. It slides well on concrete. About 1'' thick closed cell foam with a grey nylon hair like surface. Oil resistant and power washable at a car wash. Very easy on knees,hips and shoulders under and around car. I use smaller pieces for tire and brake work. Call these guys.http://www.midiowatruckaccessories.com/ in Ames Iowa. Super dudes and they stock it. This stuff makes my life a lot softer. (Still hurts the next day but I get it done) Dave.
I have a Bedrug in my pickup box. Really easy on the knees when crawling around in there. Love it.

I edited and added to my post about your lift Thanks..............................MO
DR was suppose to make a creeper lift that would raise you to a sitting position, has come through, price issues. $1,000.
I'm 300+++ 6' 2 knees replaced (06 and 2011) Triple thick cardboard, with a chair in front of me with arm rests, roll on to stomach, get on knees for a second, drag a leg around, push on chair and floor with leg and stand. Make sure you have ALL the tools you need before laying down. Have a phone near y or a gopher around. Might be tougher because it hasn't been long sense your operation. RC no comments!

Well for the price of two of those you can buy a brand new scissor lift and that's a LOT easier on the body than any chair !! You could probably find a good used lift for the same price as that chair.

Besides, who has all that clear space to wheel around in their shop ?!?!?

Well for the price of two of those you can buy a brand new scissor lift and that's a LOT easier on the body than any chair !! You could probably find a good used lift for the same price as that chair.

Besides, who has all that clear space to wheel around in their shop ?!?!?
http://www.harborfreight.com/1000-lb-capacity-motorcycle-lift-68892.html
This what your talking about? Interesting. Is that a foot pump on side. Looks like it would be slow, but if you can't get up well it's better than nothing.
I could use the swing seat in my garage, Have a six inch I-beam with chain hoist on wheels.
If you put a 2"x8" 52 inches long spanning 3 ceiling joists with 6 or 9 lag bolts to attach it to joists . Put an eye on it for a chain hoist it would safely lift 300 or 400 lbs.

what about one of these :thumbsup:

I put that in post #27. Guys can get the price cheap enough. Saw that about 5 years ago on and invention program . The guys running the show would look at ideas for invention and hook people who could produce them. DR makes graters ,wood chippers and brush mowers, etc.. They looked at it but from what I understand they couldn't get the price low enough. Maybe how profits were to be divided was a problem, money can screw up good ideas. Surprised you found it.

Once he gets down who's going to jack him back up ?!?!?

A little inventiveness would be needed. Is that a foot pump near where you sit on the right.

I was thinking something along this line, but have nothing in the ceiling strong enough to attach to . Thanks.............................MO
I would think your ceiling joists would be plenty adequate to hold your weight and the weight of the the actual hoist. It would take a little removal of the sheet rock in the ceiling to find a joist in the proposed location but that is would definitely be an option if you wanted. I only offer this advise based on my expirience in construction, as I am a licensed contractor.

I would think your ceiling joists would be plenty adequate to hold your weight and the weight of the the actual hoist. It would take a little removal of the sheet rock in the ceiling to find a joist in the proposed location but that is would definitely be an option if you wanted. I only offer this advise based on my expirience in construction, as I am a licensed contractor.
Thanks for your help. but my garage is all steel with no joists. -no ceiling- just the inside of the roof sheeting . Steel bows spaced 5 ft apart with stringers(?) between them to screw the roof sheeting to. I had a price quote today to spray foam insulate the inside (underside) of the roof .....................MO

My garage/shop has been carpeted for almost 20 years. Between that and a mechanics chair....I just grin and bear it. It's part of aging and the hobby. I get help for things I can't handle alone, so it can take a lot longer to finish projects. That's been my "wake-up" call to down-size and slow down.

Last edited:
My garage has been carpeted for almost 20 years. Between that and a mechanics chair....I just grin and bear it. It's part of aging and the hobby. I get help for things I can't handle alone, so it can take a lot longer to finish projects. That's been my "wake-up" call to down-size and slow down.
Had carpeting in my shop for years now and it sure helps on the feet but now that I'm in my mid 60's, the knees bark at me when I've been on them too much. Getting old sucks....

DR was suppose to make a creeper lift that would raise you to a sitting position, has come through, price issues. $1,000.
I'm 300+++ 6' 2 knees replaced (06 and 2011) Triple thick cardboard, with a chair in front of me with arm rests, roll on to stomach, get on knees for a second, drag a leg around, push on chair and floor with leg and stand. Make sure you have ALL the tools you need before laying down. Have a phone near y or a gopher around. Might be tougher because it hasn't been long sense your operation. RC no comments!
RC must be sick lol. And making sure you have all the tools you need before laying down....well, that doesn't happen too often unless I take half the tool box under the car with me lol

Had carpeting in my shop for years now and it sure helps on the feet but now that I'm in my mid 60's, the knees bark at me when I've been on them too much. Getting old sucks....

RC must be sick lol. And making sure you have all the tools you need before laying down....well, that doesn't happen too often unless I take half the tool box under the car with me lol
I keep the telephone handy, just incase.

Auto Transport Service
Back