• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Tunnelram with Edelbrock Carb. situation

SUPERSTOCKRACER

Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Maybe someone might be able to explain why I have a slight hesitation now off the line now.
(2) 800 edelbrock 1412's on Indy Hemi tunnelram.
When I ran the indy 426 crossram I had no issues. Same carbs and now its skipping a slight beat.
Anyone know a way to correct this.
Hopefully Fugly might be able to help out on this one.
Going to try larger squirters. .040
Car idles perfectly and revs out real crisp but when in gear and you come up on converter,I get a slight hesitation. Its not like before.

Lean stumble maybe...

Lean stumble maybe...

you think???

- - - Updated - - -

heres the final picture of the setup.

- - - Updated - - -

this was a tunnelram designed for 2 dominators which had 2 open tops no 4 hole openings which i retapped the pattern for 2 edelbrock carbs.

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 279
running .113 jets squared, 6948 metering rods and orange metering springs

well it looks pretty anyway...

you think???

- - - Updated - - -

heres the final picture of the setup.

- - - Updated - - -

this was a tunnelram designed for 2 dominators which had 2 open tops no 4 hole openings which i retapped the pattern for 2 edelbrock carbs.

Looks great Chris,

were you able to pick up the new metering rods and discharge nozzle's today?

I really hope you have better results than I with 4150 style base plate carbs on a dominator intake. Just spent three days on the dyno with a tunnel ram designed for dominator carbs. The owner didn't like the King Demons that came with the intake so he bought two Holley Ultra HP carbs on the advice of his body man. Yep, body man. When he bought the tunnel ram set-up the first owner said, "They ran great on the boat." The new owner said, "I'm gonna use them on the show truck." Repeated the first owner, "They ran great on the boat."

Never could get the fuel curve right with three days on the dyno. The 4150s HATED the dominator tunnel ram. Sure they made 730 HP, but the King Demons made 785 HP. Took ONE of those Holley Ultra HP 4150s and put it on a single plain and it made 730 HP at 6500 rpm with 572 lb-ft at 2700 rpm.

Sounds like the metering rod springs are too light, and before you say it, yes the tunnel will require different springs due to the reduced signal

I really hope you have better results than I with 4150 style base plate carbs on a dominator intake. Just spent three days on the dyno with a tunnel ram designed for dominator carbs. The owner didn't like the King Demons that came with the intake so he bought two Holley Ultra HP carbs on the advice of his body man. Yep, body man. When he bought the tunnel ram set-up the first owner said, "They ran great on the boat." The new owner said, "I'm gonna use them on the show truck." Repeated the first owner, "They ran great on the boat."

Never could get the fuel curve right with three days on the dyno. The 4150s HATED the dominator tunnel ram. Sure they made 730 HP, but the King Demons made 785 HP. Took ONE of those Holley Ultra HP 4150s and put it on a single plain and it made 730 HP at 6500 rpm with 572 lb-ft at 2700 rpm.

I'll bet your loven' that in house DYNO there buddy.... I can feel the chit eaten' grin, thru the Mopar force....LOL...

Sounds like the metering rod springs are too light, and before you say it, yes the tunnel will require different springs due to the reduced signal

Damon, I was going to try that next. thanks Which color metering springs would you suggest to try 1st?

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is you need A LOT more pump shot.

Thanks meep meep, vignogna racing engines has a pair of larger squirters he wants me to pick up today.Going to try that next too.

never had a problem with 4 hole 1 inch super suckers under my 1050 dominators

Last edited:
Tunnel rams seem to be notorious pump shot whores. I hope that is a quick and easy solution. Otherwise it seems things are working well mixture wise if it's running like a scalded dog. What does your Racepack say at the big end? You probably don't need to be diddling with the main metering system at all.

When I ran a Max Wedge cross ram I don't recall having pump shot issues but your engine is a whole lot different than what I was running.

Auto Transport Service
Back