• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey, I was on the front page of the paper today. Damn! I

Sahara

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:27 PM
Reaction score
Way North Canada. Polar Bear shaped license plates
I was surprised to get today's paper and see wife and I on the front page. They did a half page write up inside, as well.
The back story is that my town has had two huge natural disasters in exactly one year.
In 2022 we were hit with a massive ice jam and corresponding flood that is the worst in territory history. Our town had to evacuate, so wife and I sheltered cats for people that couldn’t take their pets with them. A year later a forest fire went from zero to threatening our town in just over twelve hours. Again we sheltered cats for people, and in both instances we had to enter people’s houses to rescue their animals. We were happy to do so, I like cats but most importantly I feel truly blessed in life and by the breaks that I have received, so I try to spread some of that around. Much to my surprise they put me in the paper. Sure, it’s a small town paper but I’m proud of my little town and our resiliency.
IMG_2262.jpeg
IMG_2261.jpeg

I was surprised to get today's paper and see wife and I on the front page. They did a half page write up inside, as well.
The back story is that my town has had two huge natural disasters in exactly one year.
In 2022 we were hit with a massive ice jam and corresponding flood that is the worst in territory history. Our town had to evacuate, so wife and I sheltered cats for people that couldn’t take their pets with them. A year later a forest fire went from zero to threatening our town in just over twelve hours. Again we sheltered cats for people, and in both instances we had to enter people’s houses to rescue their animals. We were happy to do so, I like cats but most importantly I feel truly blessed in life and by the breaks that I have received, so I try to spread some of that around. Much to my surprise they put me in the paper. Sure, it’s a small town paper but I’m proud of my little town and our resiliency.View attachment 1490311View attachment 1490312
NICE! We don’t even have a paper printed in Saskatoon anymore.

Good on you, my friend. :thumbsup:
I can't help but think the world would be a slightly better place if more media attention
was paid on this type of story, rather than the usual agenda-advancement prattle they spew....

Good on you, my friend. :thumbsup:
I can't help but think the world would be a slightly better place if more media attention
was paid on this type of story, rather than the usual agenda-advancement prattle they spew....
Thanks Ed. That’s the charm of small town life. In todays world these stories are considered hokey and old fashioned but I prefer this sort of world to the world “outside”.
BTW I was thinking of you the other day in that I hadn’t seen you on site for a while and was going to check in to see how you are doing, but then you posted.

That’s the charm of small town life. In todays world these stories are considered hokey and old fashioned but I prefer this sort of world to the world “outside”.
I love reading stories like this. This is reality. Pure and simple.

I was in a local paper once...I was maybe 20-21 years old?

greg A.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back