• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest resale color for a B Body?

Browns don't typically get the attention. But because Mopars typically have more visually appealing body lines? They can sport a wider range and wilder color combos. Case in point. Ever see a plum crazy purple Chevelle? First question everyone asks. "Why purple?" But a Cuda? "Awesome."

A high quality black is the safer bet if going for best $$ on the selling block. Even though it maybe the toughest color to maintain.

For the most part, I don't have an across the board choice for favorite or least favorite colors on cars. Different cars sometimes really pop to me, whereas the same color doesn't appeal to me on a different model. Sometimes whether it appeals to me or not depends on interior color and stripes.
Blue is my favorite color, and when I bought an '09 Challenger, I loved the B5 blue and had to have that color.
When I ordered my Ram a few years ago, they offered a similar blue, but I thought it looked way off/too loud on that style big truck. I spent a lot of time on the build a Ram site and the metallic burgundy red appealed to me most.
F8 green with green or black interior is one of the most unappealing colors to me on an E body. However, I would love to own a F8 Coronet with a white interior, with a white stripe as icing on the cake.
My color preferences often don't seem in line with the majority, which is good in a way, as in theory I can get a good deal on a car few others want.
Though as I've found with my '71 Challenger, I might have to plan on any not popular color car I buy as being a forever purchase, as no one will ever buy it if I ever decide to sell!

That a reference to my super gorgeous '71 Challenger that the market shuns due to it being root beer brown? :lol:
I actually don't find the metallic browns, golds and greens that many seem to abhor to be boring. The colors I find boring are white and beige. Especially beige.
And purple because I have been mostly an E body guy for the last 40 years and after seeing 1 million FC7 E bodies already, I don't need to see any more!
Are B body fans as snooty about colors as the E body crowd (in other words, if it aint High Impact or black, it's totally worthless)?
I love that color... and your car, I think that bodystyle exudes an "upper-tier" musclecar that puts Buick to shame. Re your comment about a million cars in a particular color, it seems back in the day every Mopar was F8 Ivy green metallic, at least in my experience, ergo my shun of that shade. Nah, I don't think B-body people are snooty... we know we got the best styled cars, no matter what color !

Most boring colour for me is I want to say Sun fireyellow or something like that. Kim
Where's that red "X" when I need it? That's like a stake through my heart!

IMG_3215.jpg

P7030087.JPG

Last edited:
For me? I would not be inclined to entertain candy paint for classic Mopars. It's too over the top. And takes attention from the body designs in my opinion.

Those paints work on vehicles like classic trucks. And others that need some bling.

Some may disagree. That there is no such thing as over the top. But in my experience. One can go too far.

that Challenger looks fantastic
That might be some peoples opinion,but there was a guy with a sweet 71 V code 440 Sixpack Challenger R/T in that color who was trying to sell the car for 5 years with no takers because it was that color.

That might be some peoples opinion,but there was a guy with a sweet 71 V code 440 Sixpack Challenger R/T in that color who was trying to sell the car for 5 years with no takers because it was that color.
Are you sure it wasn't cause he was asking too much money?

The resellers call it "Hangaround Brown"

Any bright colour looks good on a B body but I never like a newer colour on the older cars
I love FJ5 but to me it just looks so wrong on a 68

I have taken to not painting them at all anymore. I go with hotrod primer so the cars can be used for their intended purpose! This is my 73 Charger in semi gloss white primer. You can lean on it,or sit on the fender and drink beer!

FB_IMG_1570123528281.jpg

I have taken to not painting them at all anymore. I go with hotrod primer so the cars can be used for their intended purpose! This is my 73 Charger in semi gloss white primer. You can lean on it,or sit on the fender and drink beer!

View attachment 1644138
Perfect. Like my ol' 66. Faded lacquer over original Poly. (that weird gold/green color) When the body shop fixed the lower quarters, they even tinted the prime a bit so the work wasn't so obvious. It's a fun car.

2.20.22c.jpg

always liked that "pale" sunfire yellow......... top banana, not so much
I agree - even in non- Mopar Sunfire yellow. Original color was blue which didn’t do it for me.

IMG_0202.jpeg

I was always a fan of the pale yellows, more than the bright ones..... so of course I end up with a Bahama yellow car, lol.

I did my 71 Charger R/T with the same hotrod primer. You can lean on it ,sit on it and if it gets a chip or scratch,just touch it up right in the garage. Drive it anywhere with no worries.

20230805_095420.jpg

20230827_111427.jpg

In 72 I was working at a Chrysler Plymouth dealer. The city was trading in their old fleet of white 68 Coronets for new 73 Plymouth Furys. They decided that the white color hurt resale value and ordered the new Furys in,,,,,,,F8!!!!!!

My '67 R/T is Daffodil Yellow; even lighter than '68-'69 Sunfire Yellow, which looks to have more green in it. When I had it repainted a few years back, because of an accident, the Daffodil Yellow came back as pretty well the same shade as GM Butternut Yellow, of the same period.
The new SuperBee I bought in 1969 was Sunfire Yellow, same as the '68 SuperBee shown in magazine introductory ads. I liked the colour then, and still like it today. Not so much the 1970 "in-your-face" yellow.

Last edited:
I was always a fan of the pale yellows, more than the bright ones..... so of course I end up with a Bahama yellow car, lol.
My former A12 Super Bee was bahama yellow from the factory. I was glad that when I bought the car it was painted 1970 Sublime green! Not a fan of Butterscotch!

20230825_081345.jpg

In 72 I was working at a Chrysler Plymouth dealer. The city was trading in their old fleet of white 68 Coronets for new 73 Plymouth Furys. They decided that the white color hurt resale value and ordered the new Furys in,,,,,,,F8!!!!!!
F8 in 73 was biggggg metallic.

Auto Transport Service
Back