• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hit a deer on the track

Hemirunner

Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
I would have expected it on the drive but never thought it would ever happen on the track. Larry Dixon was in the other lane but managed to miss it. Larry said he was racing in Australia in a top fuel car and saw a kangaroo on the track... crazy.

F2ACC58F-3E5E-4BD7-A465-43A9FD2A9D7D.jpeg

C9E83367-1C66-470C-AB62-DACF99C5899A.jpeg

C81EF757-8609-42CB-896C-B2587BB444DF.jpeg

6E2F4958-6675-425C-8F41-5F4F93D07375.jpeg

3FD51F19-0100-4033-B023-B1D3FAC39923.jpeg

24D4A869-A5FB-419B-A610-93F5EA5FA13E.jpeg

379AF0AC-745B-412E-A99A-DB05D64D9843.jpeg

86BAF12B-50C0-4EAC-B554-36D7EA2F0C16.jpeg

Man, that is scary. Happens at our local track way too often. How fast were you going do you estimate.

dam that sucks for both of you,sorry about your car. Glad your ok

Awesome Plymouth - sorry to see this happened. Damn, you'd think the track would post some deer crossing signs...okay, bad humor..

Sure is a lot of Lime Green in those pics! Thought you had your own pit crew for a minute. (This is your car?)

Glad no one was hurt. And what's the story about Larry Dixon racing there?

Officer with his hand on his side arm? Hope he wasn't thinking about putting the RR out of it's misery. Looks repairable to me.

Man he knocked the **** out of that deer !
I am not surprised with the woods on both sides of the track though and no fence from what I can see.

What a SHAME! Go to the track to be safe and have that happen! WTF. They should have cut back the growth on that side of the track, like other side. Might have had a chance to avoid/brake and not hit the brown bastard. Hate the "oh they're so cute" BS.
If your insured hope you can think of a good story to get insurance to pay for the damage? Hope they don't find your post. Fences they need to be 12' tall that will stop most of them. The small farmers around here do 12' fences.

Looked pictures again hood looked damaged can the hood be saved?

Good looking RR. Sad to see this for your wallet.

this happened in Douglas, WY at a division race bout 12-15 years ago. Very hard on fiberglass SG cars.

Holy ****!! Glad you kept it straight. Bet the deer wishes he'd taken another path. Parts can be fixed, long as you're OK.

Glad everyone was ok. Even though deer are in my parts, so far so good and the only thing we had to worry about at the old local track were rabbits.

Oh, dear ........
yup

Sure is a lot of Lime Green in those pics! Thought you had your own pit crew for a minute. (This is your car?)

Glad no one was hurt. And what's the story about Larry Dixon racing there?

Officer with his hand on his side arm? Hope he wasn't thinking about putting the RR out of it's misery. Looks repairable to me.
I catch myself resting my hand on my side arm too much. I try not to be obvious but old habits are sometimes hard to break. Was a 'white hat' in the military and that's where it started for me. Even with clothing that hides, it's still easy to do.

Auto Transport Service
Back