• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hit a deer on the track

Man!! You know how much I :lowdown: :lowdown: :lowdown: your car!! That hurts ME to see it smashed up under any circumstances, much less a deer, on a noisy RACE TRACK?!?
I sincerely hope that it's not too bad, glad you're ok, and you should definitely load that deer carcass up and FEAST.

Wow....that is really bad luck. Sorry to see such a beautiful car damaged in that way...or any way for that matter.

I've had deer on the track 3 times in my days on the track. Fortunately never hit one.
Doug

Gee, amazingly in well over 25 years racing, never had a deer in front of me on the track. Thinking about that, in Minnesota & Wisconsin we have deer everywhere. Maybe they don't like the noise?? Sometimes a deer may freeze and just stand, but not often.

That's truly messed up, the deer lost that battle

could have been much worse, I'm glad to see it wasn't...

I'll bet it will make you think about it, every pass
what if (?) for a time to come too

still royally sucks,
hope you got to keep 'the venison' at least
Fish & Game Warden probably wouldn't let you thou
don't want to get caught with
a non-tagged/legally harvested deer a doe even
could be expensive on both accounts

well I do remember seeing a seagull get obliterated at Fremont one day

I've seen deer cross a lot of times or many other animals too
I don't remember seeing any hit or cross 'during racing'

(you'd think the noise would drive them away)

I remember Ferrel cats at Sears Point too,
don't think any got hit, not that I saw anyway

seen a bunch of jackrabbits a long time ago at Bakersfield
remember a Raccoon ran across in Scribner Neb. barely got by

they stopped racing in LACR way back when,
for a pack of wild roaming dogs
guys ran out there on their 4 wheelers, chased them off

that'd must have been an 'Oh ****' moment

Last edited:
Deer are thick where I live, so I try to avoid driving in the dark. They are not survivor type, intelligent animals.
Either those turbos are strong or you got it slowed a bunch, usually, deer totally destroy front ends.

Mike I had to dodge a turtle once in the shutdown area. Scary part was I was on a dragbike! Hope your fixed up soon. BTW what was your ETA that run?

Man that really sucks and at the track??? Crazy!

Totally sucks........ no other way to describe it.

Hopefully the damage is mostly cosmetic.

Auto Transport Service
Back