• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hit a deer on the track

Sure is a lot of Lime Green in those pics! Thought you had your own pit crew for a minute. (This is your car?)

Glad no one was hurt. And what's the story about Larry Dixon racing there?

Officer with his hand on his side arm? Hope he wasn't thinking about putting the RR out of it's misery. Looks repairable to me.
Larry Dixon runs a lot of Drag-N-Drive type events. Cool guy. Officer was a local sheriff’s deputy and a mopar fan. All good.

Last edited:
Mike I had to dodge a turtle once in the shutdown area. Scary part was I was on a dragbike! Hope your fixed up soon. BTW what was your ETA that run?
That run was a 9.25@154. I pedaled it in the 60’ or it would’ve went 8.90. Best run that week was a 9.10 and the fastest was a 157mph. I’m learning the balance of adding power and keeping the chassis happy and the tire hooked.

That run was a 9.25@154. I pedaled it in the 60’ or it would’ve went 8.90. Best run that week was a 9.10 and the fastest was a 157mph. I’m learning the balance of adding power and keeping the chassis happy and the tire hooked.
:thumbsup: :lowdown::moparsmiley:

I had a deer run across the track today.
Running 1/8 mile, buy back round I just shifted into high gear.
Looked down track, kind of my upper periferal vision I saw a deer crossing the track in the shut down area.
Unfortunately even though it was plenty far away I instinctively lifted, and lost the race. Too bad too cause I cut a good light and I think my run was good enough to win.
I'm glad it wasn't closer.

Looked down track, kind of my upper periferal vision I saw a deer crossing the track in the shut down area.
Unfortunately even though it was plenty far away I instinctively lifted, and lost the race. Too bad too cause I cut a good light and I think my run was good enough to win.

Better safe than sorry. Too bad the track didn't re run it for the circumstances that had taken place.

Glad there wasn't any contact.
I'm going to have to consider adding a "distraction deer" to my grudge racing repertoire.
:lol:

One of two new ways I found to lose yesterday.

Replacement fender is coming along

B66415F7-3ED0-4F82-AE09-0C60D29C350A.jpeg

A252A9BB-DFA7-427E-A534-F67F21CB6BE8.jpeg

7952B438-C837-466E-BB30-E4237EF36798.jpeg

I’m patching up an old grill. I had to salvage the ends of my old one to repair this one. PVC cleaner and glue work great.

AA620324-E881-4B77-8596-140802BEF5F5.jpeg

DE4B5303-372B-47D1-8EDA-319F51AD67BA.jpeg

ED84E0C4-7F7F-4A44-8237-BFE23A3EB90B.jpeg

image.jpg

Cudos to you and I'm looking forward to videos and great track stories.
Oh Lord! I need to get my Roadrunner squared away and on the 1320, I'm living out my desires to race and drive my car by proxy, reading about other people driving and racing theirs!

Cudos to you and I'm looking forward to videos and great track stories.
Oh Lord! I need to get my Roadrunner squared away and on the 1320, I'm living out my desires to race and drive my car by proxy, reading about other people driving and racing theirs!
I’m not getting any younger so I’m gonna get after it as much as I can to get this thing back on the track. Next outing is July 16th.

I may have posted this before, but my idea of an "ultimate car" is a Superbird clone with a twin turbo Gen 2 or 3 Hemi, everything under the hood (no scoops) and the absolute best handling suspension with a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission, so yours is close!

that's mid 8's MPH potential
very impressive

Smiley Thumbs Up - huge.jpg

I may have posted this before, but my idea of an "ultimate car" is a Superbird clone with a twin turbo Gen 2 or 3 Hemi, everything under the hood (no scoops) and the absolute best handling suspension with a 5 or 6 speed manual transmission, so yours is close!
that's mid 8's MPH potential
very impressive

View attachment 1310163
Thanks. It’ll go consistent 8.50s by the time I figure it out. Probably be running 160mph. We’re still 4 degrees down on timing from the dyno pulls.

Auto Transport Service
Back