• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Sniper first time bad results.

Curious how you did your ign ballast resistor and if it would work on my 66 charger with 383. I’ve been installing a sniper system
My ballast has a jumper wire internally. It’s there for the look of being factory.

Here’s mine, I’m working on fabricating the 3/8” stainless hard lines still.
Where did you hide that Sniper ECU box? Is that below the dash on the passenger side?
I am still trying to figure out where to place it, IIRC it is about 6x4" and will be a pain to hide it in the engine bay.

Edit: Anyone any tips on wiring for the switched 12V to the Sniper? If I turn the ignition key from Run to Start it kills the Sniper power supply.
Is there a certain 12V supply that stays powered during run and start?

Where did you hide that Sniper ECU box? Is that below the dash on the passenger side?
I am still trying to figure out where to place it, IIRC it is about 6x4" and will be a pain to hide it in the engine bay.

Edit: Anyone any tips on wiring for the switched 12V to the Sniper? If I turn the ignition key from Run to Start it kills the Sniper power supply.

Yes, I made a custom mount for the Hyperspark.

I’m using a A12 plug for the pink 12V for the ignition on and power while cranking.
The ballast has a jumper wire inside to keep it looking factory.

I think I posted it on my Instagram
Cowtown_dad

I’m using a A12 plug for the pink 12V for the ignition on and power while cranking.
Could you enlighten me on what this is?
I read somewhere also you could add a time delayed relay that will maintain energized for x-amount of seconds to hold the power on while the key is in overlap from Run to Start but have no idea what relay I would need for this.

Yes, I made a custom mount for the Hyperspark.
Good spot to hide it indeed, I will look into how to get all wiring done if I place it there.

I used a complete Hyperspark kit. I Mounted the ignition box inside passenger side firewall. I had to extend some wires. Mounted the Coil on passenger side inner fender kind of under the wiper fluid bottle. I took the 2 wires off of the ballad resistor, tied them together and wired it in to the pink wires for my 12v source.

My ballast has a jumper wire internally. It’s there for the look of being factory.
That’s what I plan on to do

Could you enlighten me on what this is?
I read somewhere also you could add a time delayed relay that will maintain energized for x-amount of seconds to hold the power on while the key is in overlap from Run to Start but have no idea what relay I would need for this.

Good spot to hide it indeed, I will look into how to get all wiring done if I place it there.
That’s what I plan on to do
Ballast Resistor Jump Wire 69 1/2 A12 B Body | Roseville Moparts

10B59100-9E4E-48C1-901F-32CBD4D2C7B2.png

AC1EA8D4-5C75-48C5-9130-6412279D4C25.png

Auto Transport Service
Back