• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hood springs

c.moo

Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
This is a 1963 Plymouth savoy , the hood won't shut tight at rear corners toward windshield , there about quarter inch to high can push down on corners and there perfect , weak springs ? Thanks

I have the same problem on my 1971 GTX with the standard hood, I swapped them left to right and the problem switched sides. I lubed the heck out of them and it only helped a bit. I am looking for a set of new ones

I have the same problem on my 1971 GTX with the standard hood, I swapped them left to right and the problem switched sides. I lubed the heck out of them and it only helped a bit. I am looking for a set of new ones
My uncle recently acquired this GTX and seems to have the same hood issue. It seems to need a replacement as already lubed. We'll take a closer look when it returns from the shop for the installation of the new tires from 4Wheelonline plus the alignment.

Auto Transport Service
Back